Digital TV News: PrimeTel
Forthnet releases 2018 results
Apr 25, 2019 – Forthnet has announced results for the year ended December 31, 2018. Pay TV subscribers, combining retail and wholesale in Greece and Cyprus, remained steady at 478,000. Collection of viewership data from set top boxes has started via a platform from AdScribe.
News categories: Forthnet, AdScribe, Big Data, Cyprus, Digital TV, Greece, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, TV Everywhere
SmartLabs offers free trial of its video content delivery solution
Dec 5, 2017 – SmartLabs has expanded its free trial for operators to include SmartMEDIA. A year ago the company launched a trial of the latest version of SmartTUBE5, its interactive TV platform. More than a hundred companies took part in the trial program.
News categories: SmartLabs, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
PrimeTel gets platform upgrade and Android STBs from SmartLabs
Sep 14, 2017 – SmartLabs has announced a contract with PrimeTel for the upgrade of their existing interactive TV solution to SmartLabs’ SmartTUBE5 Multiscreen Solution and the delivery of SmartLabs latest UHD Android STB.
News categories: SmartLabs, PrimeTel, Mikhail Grachev, Marina Papanicolaou, Cyprus, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
PrimeTel announces IPTV error correction module for its Twister Triple-Play Platform
Sep 11, 2009 – PrimeTel's R&D division has announced the availability of an IPTV Error Correction module for its Twister triple-play platform. The module is capable of dynamically and transparently correcting missing and erroneous multicast IPTV packets.
News categories: PrimeTel, Content Distribution, Cyprus, IBCShowcase, IPTV, Middleware
PrimeTel Selects SecureMedia for Digital Content Protection in Cyprus
Sep 9, 2009 – SecureMedia has announced that PrimeTel is now using SecureMedia's Encryptonite ONE™ System to protect premium video content for its PrimeTV service. Under the PrimeHome brand, PrimeTel offers internet, IPTV and telephony in Cyprus.
News categories: SecureMedia, PrimeTel, Content Protection, Cyprus, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, IPTV
PrimeTel to unveil Arabic user interface at IPTV World Forum MEA 2008, Dubai
Oct 23, 2008 – Following a successful presence at IBC 2008, PrimeTel will showcase Thunderworx's Twister triple-play platform at IPTV World Forum Middle East & Africa 2008, in Dubai.
News categories: PrimeTel, IPTV, Middleware, Video Exchange
Cyprus - PrimeTel pleased with triple-play take-up
Jul 17, 2007 – Cypriot broadband provider PrimeTel has announced that it has signed up 8,000 residential users of its triple-play services, which include its PrimeTV IPTV service, offering over 100 TV channels, interactive games and video-on-demand library.
News categories: PrimeTel, Cyprus, Digital TV, IPTV, Subscribers
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India