Digital TV News: Proximus
3SS 3READY Android TV deployed on Technicolor STBs for N. European operator
Sep 6, 2019 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that a multiservice provider in Northern Europe has selected 3READY Android TV combined with Technicolor middleware and hardware to power its upcoming TV service.
News categories: 3 Screen Solutions, Technicolor, Kai-Christian Borchers, Mercedes Pastor, Android TV, Digital TV, Europe, IBC, Set Top Box, UX
Over 100 million monthly active users for ThinkAnalytics' cloud content discovery
Jul 9, 2019 – ThinkAnalytics has announced that its cloud-based personalized content discovery platform is the first in the industry to scale to over 100 million monthly active users in the cloud. Four of the firm’s OTT customers now have a combined user base that exceeds that number.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Peter Docherty, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Proximus launches Pickx TV interface and Android P decoder
Jun 13, 2019 – Proximus has announced that it is launching five new products and services that will change the media experience of its customers, allowing them to find their way more easily through the immense offer of possibilities.
News categories: Proximus, Advertising, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, UX
Wyplay powers 4K Android IPTV STB from Proximus
Nov 28, 2018 – Proximus has introduced its V6 set-top box (STB) running Wyplay's latest generation Android software. Wyplay enabled Proximus to successfully transition from Linux to Android with a complete software solution and integration services.
News categories: Wyplay, Proximus, Jacques Bourgninaud, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
FreeWheel Council for Premium Video expands into Europe
Jun 29, 2017 – Following on the success of the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video (FWC) in North America, the FWC announced its European launch, extending its remit to champion the premium video industry on an international level.
News categories: FreeWheel, Thomas Bremond, Emmanuel Josserand, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe
Proximus to upgrade ATEME video headend
Jan 10, 2017 – ATEME has announced that Proximus is upgrading its ATEME based video headend to a TITAN full-software solution in order to reap the benefits of its new features and R&D enhancements.
News categories: ATEME, Proximus, Christophe Deffontaines, Thierry Demoor, Belgium, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
G.fast set for nearly 29 million end users by 2021
Oct 17, 2016 – An Ovum report jointly commissioned by nbn and BT has predicted that new ultra-fast copper technology G.fast will be serving nearly 30 million subscriber homes and businesses around the world by 2021.
News categories: Ovum, nbn, Openreach, Matthew Howett, Dennis Steiger, Clive Selley, BBWF, Broadband, Market Research, Worldwide
Belgium's Proximus adds 167,000 TV subscriptions in 2015
Feb 26, 2016 – Proximus has announced results for 2015. The company ended 2015 with a total TV customer base of 1,759,000, up by 167,000 customers or +10.5% from the prior year.
News categories: Proximus, Belgium, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
Netflix on pay TV benefits operator business
Feb 12, 2016 – IHS (NYSE: IHS) has announced findings from its survey of pay TV providers working with Netflix. The report from IHS found that integrating Netflix into traditional pay TV services has had a net positive impact on these operators’ performance.
News categories: IHS Technology, Ted Hall, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, USA
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers at 7.5 million
- SpotX expands privacy-compliant CTV audience data tools
- Stoneroos improves set-top box UI for Delta and Caiway
- Hologram dining experience opens in London and Edinburgh
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
- Kublai GmbH to complete takeover of Tele Columbus
- SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
- FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
- Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
- Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
- Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data
- Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
- Roku begins Roku OS 10 roll-out
- Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
- Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0