Digital TV News: REDE Globo
DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
Dec 1, 2020 – Vrio has announced the launch of DIRECTV GO in Brazil. The platform combines live national and international programming with streaming content. DIRECTV GO is already available in Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru and Uruguay.
News categories: Vrio, DIRECTV GO, Estanislau Bassols, Brazil, Digital TV, OTT
Brazil's TV TEM expands ISDB-Tb network with GatesAir
Aug 6, 2014 – GatesAir is expanding TV TEM’s ISDB-Tb DTT network to cover an additional 139 cities in the state of São Paulo. The installation marks the third phase of a rollout that will bring HDTV coverage to all 318 cities across São Paulo state.
News categories: GatesAir, REDE Globo, Ewerton Maciel, Joseph Mack, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, SBTVD, Terrestrial
Broadcom enables Oi's live Ultra HD World Cup broadcasts in Brazil
Jul 1, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that its BCM7252 system-on-a-chip (SoC) will power live broadcasts of the 2014 World Cup in Ultra High Definition (Ultra HD) by Oi, one of the leading operators in Brazil.
News categories: Broadcom, Oi S.A, Dan Marotta, Eduardo Aspesi, Brazil, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Harris Expands Digital TV Transmission Network for TV TEM in Brazil
Apr 16, 2012 – Harris (NYSE:HRS) has announced that TV TEM, a Rede Globo affiliate in Brazil, is installing 45 Harris® Maxiva™ digital TV transmitters to increase over-the-air digital TV (DTV) broadcast coverage in São Paulo.
News categories: Harris, TV TEM, Brazil, Content Distribution, ISDB-T, NABShow, SBTVD, Terrestrial
Globo Selects Nagravision For TVDR Rural TV in Brazil
Mar 8, 2010 – Nagravision (SIX:KUD.VX) has announced that Brazilian TV network Rede Globo has selected Nagravision for its TVDR (Digital Television for Rural Areas) project. The project will replace millions of analogue receivers for HD-ready set-top boxes.
News categories: TVDR, Nagravision, Brazil, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Satellite, Set Top Box
Kudelski Group delivers strong second half 2009 results
Feb 26, 2010 – The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.VX) has announced its 2009 annual results. Digital TV sales in the second half were particularly strong growing by 27.3% compared to the first half.
News categories: Kudelski, Brazil, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, DRM, Finland, IPTV, MandA, Middleware, Mobile, Results, Satellite, USA
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand