Digital TV News: RTS
Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
Dec 5, 2023 – Miami viewers can now access five more free OTA channels with NEXTGEN TV: WPLG-TV (ABC), WSVN-TV (FOX, TheGrio, and This TV), and WPLG has started broadcasting LOCAL 10 Plus.
News categories: Pearl TV, WPLG-TV, WSVN-TV, Anne Schelle, Bert Medina, Paul Magnes, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
Dec 5, 2023 – Gracenote has announced an automotive data platform developed to grant automakers easy access to the company's entertainment datasets to power differentiated in-car media experiences.
News categories: Gracenote, Trent Wheeler, Big Data, CES2024, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
Nov 9, 2023 – AOMedia has announced the release of the Immersive Audio Model and Formats (IAMF) container specification, its first audio container specification offered under AOMedia's royalty-free license.
News categories: AOMedia, Matt Frost, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Worldwide
TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
Nov 28, 2023 – TheViewPoint (TVP) has announced an expanded partnership with FreeWheel, offering brands an opportunity to bypass exchanges when buying TV ad inventory, bridging the gap between supply and demand.
News categories: TheViewPoint, FreeWheel, Daniel Elad, Jon Mansell, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
Nov 29, 2023 – The Australian Government is to introduce 'must carry' obligations to reduce the risk of FTA broadcasting services being crowded out by larger, international services operating in the Australian market.
News categories: Australian Government, Australia, Digital TV, Regulation, Smart TV, UX
Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
Nov 29, 2023 – Total telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong is expected to increase at a CAGR of 1.1% from $5.8 billion in 2022 to $6.1 billion in 2027, forecasts GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Sarwat Zeeshan, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Market Research, TV Services
Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
Nov 29, 2023 – Velocix has announced that Proximus has optimised the delivery of its Pickx multiscreen video services with performance insights from Velocix Analytics.
News categories: Velocix, Proximus, Jim Brickmeier, Raphaël De Beys, Belgium, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, QoE
Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
Nov 29, 2023 – US cable and satellite pay-TV services are set to face subscription declines in the coming years as their remaining viewers increasingly shift to OTT streaming services, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Tammy Parker, Digital TV, Market Research, TV Services, USA
Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
Nov 28, 2023 – Edgio has announced the availability of reports for its delivery clients to help them gain better insight into how their streaming services perform across multiple video players.
News categories: Edgio, Kyle Faber, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
- NxTV brings FAST channels to Brazil with Broadpeak
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond