Digital TV News: SBTVD Forum
MediaTek adds Fraunhofer MPEG-H Audio to Smart TV SoCs
Aug 18, 2022 – MediaTek has integrated MPEG-H Audio from Fraunhofer into its Smart TV chips. With native support for MPEG-H Audio, Mediatek's Pentonic 2000 becomes the first TV platform adhering to Brazil's Next Generation broadcast system.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, MediaTek, Adrian Murtaza, Alfred Chan, Luiz Fausto, Brazil, Digital TV, IBC2022, SBTVD, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Ateme helps Fórum SBTVD choose video coding system for TV 3.0 standard
Mar 10, 2022 – Ateme has announced that the Brazilian Terrestrial Television System Forum (Fórum SBTVD) used its TITAN Live solution to select VVC as the sole mandatory video coding system for the countries new TV 3.0 broadcasting standard.
News categories: Ateme, Fórum SBTVD, Mickael Raulet, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
Jan 18, 2022 – The ATSC has announced that the SBTVD Forum has recommended to the Brazilian government the selection of several technologies proposed by ATSC for Brazil's next-generation terrestrial digital television standard.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, SBTVD Forum, Madeleine Noland, Skip Pizzi, ATSC 3, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
Jan 17, 2022 – The SBTVD Forum has completed the technical evaluation phase of its TV 3.0 Project aimed at defining Bazil's next-generation TV platform. In the end, MPEG-H Audio was selected as the sole mandatory audio codec for the system.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, Ateme, SBTVD Forum, Adrian Murtaza, Mickaël Raulet, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
MPEG-H Audio added to SBTVD's ISDB-Tb specifications
Aug 27, 2019 – The SBTVD Forum has selected MPEG-H Audio for inclusion as an additional audio system in the ISDB-Tb specification. This allows broadcasters to simulcast MPEG-H Audio alongside the existing AAC audio.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, EiTV, ATEME, Adrian Murtaza, Brazil, Digital TV, Latin America, SBTVD, Set Top Box, Smart TV
ACCESS Announces NetFront™ Browser Ginga Edition for Growing Brazilian Mobile TV Market
Feb 14, 2011 – ACCESS CO. has announced NetFront™ Browser DTV Profile Ginga Edition. The new browser supports the Brazilian standard for digital mobile broadcast TV (ISDB-Tb), which includes Ginga-NCL, the Brazil-specific interactive middleware layer.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, MWC23, SBTVD
SBTVD Forum signs promotion agreement with South Africa's NAMEC
Sep 29, 2010 – The SBTVD Forum has signed an MOU with NAMEC promising to provide technical training to South African companies should Brazil's version of ISDB-T be adopted in South Africa, in return for NAMEC promoting the standard.
News categories: SBTVD Forum, NAMEC, ISDB-T, SBTVD, South Africa, Terrestrial
Sun Microsystems And SBTVD Forum To Develop Open-Source Java Solution For Brazil's Digital TV System
Mar 4, 2008 – Sun Microsystems (NASDAQ:JAVA) and the SBTVD Forum have agreed to join forces in the development of an open-source content platform based on Java technology for use in the country-wide conversion of television applications and services.
News categories: Sun Microsystems, GINGA, Fórum SBTVD, ATSC 3, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, SBTVD, Terrestrial
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania