Digital TV News: SES WORLD SKIES
SES WORLD SKIES Commissions SES-8 for Asian DTH Operations
Feb 17, 2011 – SES WORLD SKIES (Paris,LuxX: SESG) has announced that it has commissioned the SES-8 spacecraft from Orbital Sciences Corporation (NYSE: ORB) for a launch in the first quarter of 2013.
News categories: SES WORLD SKIES, Orbital Sciences, Content Distribution, India, Laos, Satellite, Thailand, Vietnam
IDC Signs Agreement with Wananchi for DTH in Africa
Jun 30, 2010 – International Datacasting Corporation (TSX:IDC) has announced that the Company has entered into an agreement with The Wananchi Group for the development, build up and roll-out of a DTH broadcasting service for Sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: Wananchi, International Datacasting, East Africa Capital Partners, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box
AVG To Launch DTH Service in Vietnam
May 27, 2010 – SES WORLD SKIES (Paris:SESG; LuxX:SESG) has announced that it has signed a multi-year agreement with AUDIO VISUAL COMPANY JSC (AVG) to provide transponder capacity on the NSS-6 satellite for their new DTH satellite television service in Vietnam.
News categories: SES WORLD SKIES, An Vien Group, Digital TV, Satellite, Vietnam
Mobile DTV Consumer Showcase Launched in U.S. Capital
May 24, 2010 – Marking the launch of the Washington, D.C. Mobile Digital Television Consumer Showcase, lawmakers and regulators joined broadcasters and technology companies to see and hear the latest in Mobile DTV technology.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Content Distribution, Middleware, Mobile, USA
SES WORLD SKIES Signs Capacity Deal with Puerto Rico Telephone for CLARO TV DTH
Apr 13, 2010 – SES WORLD SKIES (Paris:SESG) (LuxX:SESG) has announced that it has signed a long-term, multi-transponder deal with Puerto Rico Telephone, a subsidiary of América Móvil, to deliver its CLARO TV DTH television offering to homes across Puerto Rico.
News categories: SES WORLD SKIES, Puerto Rico Telephone, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Puerto Rico, Satellite
Wananchi Launching DTH, IP Services in Kenya
Apr 13, 2010 – SES WORLD SKIES (Paris:SESG; LuxX:SESG) has announced that it has signed a major capacity agreement with Wananchi to deliver new DTH and IP services throughout East Africa.
News categories: SES WORLD SKIES, Wananchi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Kenya, Satellite
May 3 Launch for Mobile Digital TV Consumer Showcase in Washington, D.C.
Apr 12, 2010 – Viewers will be able to watch local digital TV broadcasts on a variety of mobile devices, including cell phones, netbooks, portable media players, and a unique adapter that can send Mobile DTV to laptops, iPhones, and iPads.
News categories: OMVC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Tablet, USA
SES WORLD SKIES to Host Extensive 3D TV Tests
Mar 1, 2010 – SES WORLD SKIES (Paris:SESG)(LuxX:SESG) has announced that it plans to join leading broadcasters, programmers, TV makers and technology providers in a series of extensive tests aimed at accelerating the delivery of 3D TV.
News categories: SES WORLD SKIES, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Metaverse, Satellite
SES' Growth Continues Through 2009
Feb 12, 2010 – SES S.A. (Paris and Luxembourg: SESG) has reported financial results for the twelve months to 31 December 2009. Solid progress resulted from the commercialisation of new and existing capacity across the group.
News categories: SES S.A., Results, Satellite
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion