Digital TV News: SES WORLD SKIES
SES WORLD SKIES Commissions SES-8 for Asian DTH Operations
Feb 17, 2011 – SES WORLD SKIES (Paris,LuxX: SESG) has announced that it has commissioned the SES-8 spacecraft from Orbital Sciences Corporation (NYSE: ORB) for a launch in the first quarter of 2013.
News categories: SES WORLD SKIES, Orbital Sciences, Content Distribution, India, Laos, Satellite, Thailand, Vietnam
IDC Signs Agreement with Wananchi for DTH in Africa
Jun 30, 2010 – International Datacasting Corporation (TSX:IDC) has announced that the Company has entered into an agreement with The Wananchi Group for the development, build up and roll-out of a DTH broadcasting service for Sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: Wananchi, International Datacasting, East Africa Capital Partners, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box
AVG To Launch DTH Service in Vietnam
May 27, 2010 – SES WORLD SKIES (Paris:SESG; LuxX:SESG) has announced that it has signed a multi-year agreement with AUDIO VISUAL COMPANY JSC (AVG) to provide transponder capacity on the NSS-6 satellite for their new DTH satellite television service in Vietnam.
News categories: SES WORLD SKIES, An Vien Group, Digital TV, Satellite, Vietnam
Mobile DTV Consumer Showcase Launched in U.S. Capital
May 24, 2010 – Marking the launch of the Washington, D.C. Mobile Digital Television Consumer Showcase, lawmakers and regulators joined broadcasters and technology companies to see and hear the latest in Mobile DTV technology.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Content Distribution, Middleware, Mobile, USA
SES WORLD SKIES Signs Capacity Deal with Puerto Rico Telephone for CLARO TV DTH
Apr 13, 2010 – SES WORLD SKIES (Paris:SESG) (LuxX:SESG) has announced that it has signed a long-term, multi-transponder deal with Puerto Rico Telephone, a subsidiary of América Móvil, to deliver its CLARO TV DTH television offering to homes across Puerto Rico.
News categories: SES WORLD SKIES, Puerto Rico Telephone, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Puerto Rico, Satellite
Wananchi Launching DTH, IP Services in Kenya
Apr 13, 2010 – SES WORLD SKIES (Paris:SESG; LuxX:SESG) has announced that it has signed a major capacity agreement with Wananchi to deliver new DTH and IP services throughout East Africa.
News categories: SES WORLD SKIES, Wananchi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Kenya, Satellite
May 3 Launch for Mobile Digital TV Consumer Showcase in Washington, D.C.
Apr 12, 2010 – Viewers will be able to watch local digital TV broadcasts on a variety of mobile devices, including cell phones, netbooks, portable media players, and a unique adapter that can send Mobile DTV to laptops, iPhones, and iPads.
News categories: OMVC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Tablet, USA
SES WORLD SKIES to Host Extensive 3D TV Tests
Mar 1, 2010 – SES WORLD SKIES (Paris:SESG)(LuxX:SESG) has announced that it plans to join leading broadcasters, programmers, TV makers and technology providers in a series of extensive tests aimed at accelerating the delivery of 3D TV.
News categories: SES WORLD SKIES, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, VR
SES' Growth Continues Through 2009
Feb 12, 2010 – SES S.A. (Paris and Luxembourg: SESG) has reported financial results for the twelve months to 31 December 2009. Solid progress resulted from the commercialisation of new and existing capacity across the group.
News categories: SES S.A., Results, Satellite
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand