Digital TV News: SES WORLD SKIES
SES WORLD SKIES Commissions SES-8 for Asian DTH Operations
Feb 17, 2011 – SES WORLD SKIES (Paris,LuxX: SESG) has announced that it has commissioned the SES-8 spacecraft from Orbital Sciences Corporation (NYSE: ORB) for a launch in the first quarter of 2013.
News categories: SES WORLD SKIES, Orbital Sciences, Content Distribution, India, Laos, Satellite, Thailand, Vietnam
IDC Signs Agreement with Wananchi for DTH in Africa
Jun 30, 2010 – International Datacasting Corporation (TSX:IDC) has announced that the Company has entered into an agreement with The Wananchi Group for the development, build up and roll-out of a DTH broadcasting service for Sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: Wananchi, International Datacasting, East Africa Capital Partners, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box
AVG To Launch DTH Service in Vietnam
May 27, 2010 – SES WORLD SKIES (Paris:SESG; LuxX:SESG) has announced that it has signed a multi-year agreement with AUDIO VISUAL COMPANY JSC (AVG) to provide transponder capacity on the NSS-6 satellite for their new DTH satellite television service in Vietnam.
News categories: SES WORLD SKIES, An Vien Group, Digital TV, Satellite, Vietnam
Mobile DTV Consumer Showcase Launched in U.S. Capital
May 24, 2010 – Marking the launch of the Washington, D.C. Mobile Digital Television Consumer Showcase, lawmakers and regulators joined broadcasters and technology companies to see and hear the latest in Mobile DTV technology.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Content Distribution, Middleware, Mobile, USA
SES WORLD SKIES Signs Capacity Deal with Puerto Rico Telephone for CLARO TV DTH
Apr 13, 2010 – SES WORLD SKIES (Paris:SESG) (LuxX:SESG) has announced that it has signed a long-term, multi-transponder deal with Puerto Rico Telephone, a subsidiary of América Móvil, to deliver its CLARO TV DTH television offering to homes across Puerto Rico.
News categories: SES WORLD SKIES, Puerto Rico Telephone, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Puerto Rico, Satellite
Wananchi Launching DTH, IP Services in Kenya
Apr 13, 2010 – SES WORLD SKIES (Paris:SESG; LuxX:SESG) has announced that it has signed a major capacity agreement with Wananchi to deliver new DTH and IP services throughout East Africa.
News categories: SES WORLD SKIES, Wananchi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Kenya, Satellite
May 3 Launch for Mobile Digital TV Consumer Showcase in Washington, D.C.
Apr 12, 2010 – Viewers will be able to watch local digital TV broadcasts on a variety of mobile devices, including cell phones, netbooks, portable media players, and a unique adapter that can send Mobile DTV to laptops, iPhones, and iPads.
News categories: OMVC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Tablet, USA
SES WORLD SKIES to Host Extensive 3D TV Tests
Mar 1, 2010 – SES WORLD SKIES (Paris:SESG)(LuxX:SESG) has announced that it plans to join leading broadcasters, programmers, TV makers and technology providers in a series of extensive tests aimed at accelerating the delivery of 3D TV.
News categories: SES WORLD SKIES, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, VR
SES' Growth Continues Through 2009
Feb 12, 2010 – SES S.A. (Paris and Luxembourg: SESG) has reported financial results for the twelve months to 31 December 2009. Solid progress resulted from the commercialisation of new and existing capacity across the group.
News categories: SES S.A., Results, Satellite
- Disney+ ends 1Q 2021 with 103.6 million subscribers
- Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings for Samsung TV Plus inventory
- Altice's a4 deploys CommScope video advertising solution
- DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report
- TiVo to acquire MobiTV assets from Chapter 11
- Liberty Latin America deploys Velocix video streaming platform
- FTTH/B now passes more than half of homes in EU39
- Setplex to power TV Cabo São Paulo OTT service
- Irdeto joins AWS Media & Entertainment initiative
- TiVo ad inventory available through Xandr
- Proximus integrates Prime Video app into latest Android TV box
- HbbTV releases updated Test Suite and Test Descriptions
- Switch Media to provide OTT service for Solomon Telekom
- Amino bids for MobiTV
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow to 1.5 billion by 2026
- Amagi ad solutions increase revenue at Cinedigm
- Blockgraph and The Trade Desk partner on Unified ID 2.0 audience targeting
- Sky Media pilots Shoppable Ads with Sky Mobile
- Paramount+ to debut in Australia on August 11th
- Strategy Analytics compares bundled communications service pricing