Digital TV News: SFR
Altice France to acquire Coriolis Telecom
Sep 20, 2021 – Altice France has entered into an exclusivity agreement to acquire 100% of Coriolis S.A. Coriolis is a French independent Telecom group, offering mobile and fixed telecom services to more than 500 thousand customers.
News categories: Altice France, Coriolis, Grégory Rabuel, Pierre Bontemps, France, MandA
Terrestrial broadcast infrastructure revenue stable in Europe
Jun 1, 2021 – Terrestrial broadcast network infrastructure operators in Europe garnered revenues exceeding €2.3 billion for TV and radio transmission in 2020, a stable amount compared to previous years, according to Dataxis.
News categories: Dataxis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Terrestrial
Wiztivi makes voice control accessible for operators
Jan 28, 2021 – Wiztivi has announced a solution allowing operators, media and OTT players to integrate voice control into their UI. With Sagemcom, Wiztivi has enabled Vodafone and SFR to create a TV experience using smart speakers.
News categories: Wiztivi, Digital TV, Europe, France, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UX
RDK now on more than 60 million devices
Mar 19, 2020 – RDK Management has announced that RDK software now powers more than 60 million devices deployed by service providers around the world. RDK is an open source software platform that standardizes core functions used in broadband, video, and IoT connected devices.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Eltrona merges with SFR-Coditel in Luxembourg
Feb 25, 2020 – Eltrona has merged with SFR-Coditel, owned by Telenet (Brussels: TNET). Eltrona shareholders now hold 50% +1 share and Telenet 50% -1 of the merged entity. The deal means that Eltrona becomes a cable operator with coverage of the whole of Luxembourg.
News categories: Eltrona, Telenet, SFR-Coditel, Paul Denzle, John Porter, Cable TV, Digital TV, Luxembourg, MandA
Comcast and NuEyes enable customers with visual disabilities to see TV with Smartglasses
Dec 11, 2019 – Comcast has announced a partnership with wearable technology startup NuEyes to bring the Xfinity Stream entertainment viewing experience to visually impaired customers through NuEyes virtual reality technology. The Xfinity Stream app is now available on the NuEyes e2 smartglasses.
News categories: Comcast, NuEyes, Tom Wlodkowski, Mark Greget, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA, UX
Amazon and partners announce Voice Interoperability Initiative
Sep 24, 2019 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) and leading technology companies have announced the Voice Interoperability Initiative, a program to ensure voice-enabled products provide customers with choice and flexibility through multiple, interoperable voice services.
News categories: Amazon, Jeff Bezos, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
Altice France selects CommScope for SFR Box 8 Smart Media Device
Sep 12, 2019 – Altice France is collaborating with CommScope to bring a personalised connected home experience to its SFR subscribers. Altice’s SFR Box 8 Smart Media Device represents the next phase of customer experience engagement as it aggregates services that consumers love.
News categories: CommScope, SFR, Altice France, Joe Chow, Grégory Rabuel, Digital TV, France, IBC2022, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
SFR STBs first in France to integrate Amazon Prime Video
Aug 27, 2019 – Altice Europe is to make Amazon Prime Video available to its SFR customers in France. SFR will be the first of Altice operations and the first operator in France to announce the Prime Video app within its LaBox SFR Fibre, SFR Box Plus and SFR Box 8 set-top boxes.
News categories: Altice, Prime Video, Alain Weill, Jay Marine, Apps, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, France, IPTV, Israel, Portugal, Set Top Box, Streaming
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers