Digital TV News: Simon Adams
Gracenote launches video ID distribution system
Sep 12, 2019 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) is launching a Video ID Distribution System enabling creators and owners of media programming to more easily distribute their movies, TV shows, short-form videos and other related content to OTT services, smart device manufacturers, and cable and satellite TV providers.
News categories: Gracenote, Simon Adams, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2022, Streaming, Worldwide
Survey reveals increasing use of multiple TV sources by viewers in Europe
May 15, 2019 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) and nScreenMedia have announced findings from a survey focusing on pay TV, free-to-air and online TV viewership in major European countries. The report reveals that TV viewing has become a complicated undertaking for European audiences.
News categories: Gracenote, nScreenMedia, Simon Adams, Colin Dixon, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Sweden, UK
Gracenote launches next-generation descriptive metadata solution
Jan 3, 2019 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) has announced the launch of its next-generation descriptive metadata solution making possible more contextually relevant and satisfying TV and movie discovery experiences.
News categories: Gracenote, Simon Adams, Big Data, CES2023, Digital TV, Worldwide
Gracenote launches data solution for device manufacturers offering live TV streaming
May 16, 2018 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) has announced a TV metadata and EPG solution from Gracenote which enables Smart TV and streaming device manufacturers that offer live TV streaming services to make their linear and on-demand content more searchable and discoverable.
News categories: Gracenote, Simon Adams, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Rovi and Broadcom to enable HEVC playback across multiple screens
Jun 10, 2013 – Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced that it is working with Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) to enable device manufacturers and service providers to utilize the benefits of High Efficiency Video Codec (HEVC/H.265) to deliver an enhanced entertainment experience.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Broadcom, Media Player, Semiconductor
Toshiba TVs certified for DivX Plus Streaming
May 7, 2013 – Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced that Toshiba is launching a range of DTVs Certified for DivX Plus Streaming™. The agreement will enable Toshiba DTVs to support high-quality entertainment services from over-the-top providers such as KNOWHOW Movies by Dixons Retail in the UK.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Toshiba, Media Player, Smart TV, Streaming
Changhong Chooses Rovi's DivX for Integration in Digital TVs
Mar 21, 2013 – Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced that Changhong has selected DivX® video solutions for integration into its digital TVs. Changhong plans to add DivX Plus® HD Certification into TVs and support DivX Plus Streaming™ in its Smart TV line.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Changhong, Digital TV, Media Player, Smart TV, Streaming
Ocean Blue Software teams with Rovi for home networking TV software
Oct 29, 2009 – Ocean Blue Software has announced a collaboration with Rovi Corporation (NASDAQ: ROVI) to integrate Rovi's Connected Platform software for Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) capabilities into its Sunrise digital video broadcast (DVB) stack.
News categories: Ocean Blue, Rovi Corp, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Pace Introduces First to Market Multiroom DVR Solution
Oct 26, 2009 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has revealed an advanced multiroom DVR solution, Home Content Sharing (HCS). Pace's HCS utilizes centralized storage and Rovi Corporation (NASDAQ: ROVI) software to connect multiple high definition (HD) set-top boxes within the home.
News categories: Pace plc, Rovi Corp, CTAM, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Home Server, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK