Digital TV News: Sixty
Vestel launches 97XX 4K UHD set-top box series
Sep 16, 2022 – Vestel has announced the launch of its 97XX series of 4K UHD set-top boxes. The series was created to deliver a home entertainment experience from within an ultra-compact, minimalist design.
News categories: Vestel, Barış Altınkaya, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Set Top Box
61% of U.S. livestreaming viewers watch sports
May 9, 2022 – Parks Associates research has found that 43% of U.S. internet households have livestreamed online content in the past three months, with sporting events by far the most popular type of content at 61% of livestreaming users.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Navigation on streaming video services frustrates majority of consumers
Jan 4, 2022 – Three-in-five subscribers to multiple streaming services expressed frustration with their viewing experiences, according to a survey from Accenture (NYSE: ACN), and 44% indicate they spend more than six minutes searching for something to watch.
News categories: Accenture, Andrew Walker, John Peters, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
Oct 19, 2021 – According to Deloitte, media companies are trying to retain paid subscribers on their streaming video services. But they also compete with social media and gaming, which offer both entertainment and social interaction.
News categories: Deloitte, Kevin Westcott, Jana Arbanas, COVID-19, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Connected TV continues to drive U.S. digital video ad growth
May 4, 2021 – According to IAB's 'Video Ad Spend 2020 and Outlook for 2021' report, digital video advertising growth continues. Connected TV (CTV) continues to outpace other formats and shows no signs of slowing down.
News categories: IAB, Eric John, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
76% of US broadband households had OTT subscription in Q1 2020
Jun 8, 2020 – Research from Parks Associates finds that 76% of US broadband households subscribed to an OTT video service in Q1 2020, while the churn rate for streaming services was 41%. 62% subscribed to a traditional pay-TV service.
News categories: Parks Associates, Steve Nason, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Sony report reveals how TV has impacted the living room
May 29, 2019 – Despite changing décor, family behaviour and streamed content taking a leap forward, the humble TV is still the heart of the living room according to a Sony report released in conjunction with a survey of 6,000 European consumers and commentary from industry experts.
News categories: Sony Corp, Takayuki Miyama, Emma Kenny, Belgium, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Market Research, Netherlands, UK
8% of US broadband households own a VR headset
Apr 15, 2019 – According to Parks Associates, gaming remains the primary use case for VR headsets in the U.S. Familiarity with VR remains at around one-fourth of US broadband households, with gamers most likely to be familiar with the technology.
News categories: Parks Associates, Billy Nayden, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, USA
Telaria and Hulu reveal synergy between Connected TV and DTC brands
Apr 11, 2019 – Telaria (NYSE:TLRA), with Hulu, has published research demonstrating how Connected TV (CTV) is a key channel for Direct-to-Consumer brands (DTC) to increase reach and drive brand awareness among direct-to-consumer shoppers.
News categories: Telaria, Hulu, Jennifer Catto, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
- Global pay TV subscribers to remain at around one billion
- Realtek and Irdeto develop RDK and Android TV hybrid STB
- Streaming dominates UK television landscape
- Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers
- IAB Tech Lab releases updates to SIMID 1.2 and VAST 4.3 for comment
- Semiconductor market slowdown picks up speed
- MultiChoice to be second syndication partner for Sky Glass
- Canadian program drives energy efficiency of new set-top boxes
- Tring selects multiscreen solution from SmartLabs
- TP Vision to be launch partner for DTG DVB-I Test Suite
- beIN sports, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps now on Astro Ultra Box
- Air Broadband adds Netgem TV to its offer in the UK
- SeaChange to power FIFA World Cup streaming for Grupo TVCable
- Share of large panel TVs triples in India to over 40%
- Turk Telekom rolls out IPTV/OTT platform with ZTE
- OKAST powers Endemol France channels on Samsung TV Plus
- CommScope launches HomeVista pre-integrated video solution
- StarHub releases Android TV set-top box with integrated soundbar
- Broadcast and cable show signs of revival in U.S.
- EU proposes new cybersecurity rules for hardware and software products