Digital TV News: Sofia Digital
Sofia Digital and Twise combine CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM with DVB-I
Aug 29, 2023 – Sofia Digital and Twise have announced that they have worked together to enrich the CIPlus 2.0 USB CAM experience by implementing triggering services list installation from the CAM.
News categories: Sofia Digital, Twise, Juho Mäyränpää, Xavier Teil, CAM, Digital TV, IBC2023, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Intertrust and Sofia Digital partner to enable direct-to-Smart TV for operators
Sep 10, 2022 – Combining Sofia Digital's HbbTV Application with Intertrust's ExpressPlay XCA, operators can build their broadcast and OTT TV services directly on smart TVs, avoiding the costly set-top box.
News categories: ExpressPlay, Sofia Digital, Manas Matti, Juho Mäyränpää, Conditional Access, Digital TV, HbbTV, Smart TV, Worldwide
First results of German DVB-I Pilot to be shown at IBC 2022
Sep 7, 2022 – Stakeholders from the media industry, including broadcasters, device manufacturers, software providers and research companies have announced the start of the 'German DVB-I Pilot'.
News categories: DVB Project, DVB-I, Remo Vogel, Broadcast, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2023, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Sofia Digital and Twise bring DVB-I to CAM-based HbbTV OpApp
Aug 30, 2022 – Sofia Digital and Twise have created a DVB-I client within an HbbTV Op App triggered by a CI Plus CAM, allowing operators to provide a set-top box like user experience without the need for a costly set-top box device.
News categories: Sofia Digital, Twise, Juho Mäyränpää, Xavier Teil, CAM, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, IBC2023, Smart TV
Multiperiod DASH and PlayReady SL3000 added to HbbTV reference application
Jun 20, 2022 – The HbbTV Association has announced additions to its DASH DRM Reference Application: multiperiod DASH, as may result from server-side ad insertion (SSAI); and PlayReady SL3000, as is being required more and more by US content providers.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Streaming, Worldwide
LovesTV available as an app on home menu of Vestel televisions
Feb 23, 2022 – Sofia Digital has collaborated with Cellnex Telecom to make HbbTV-based streaming service LOVEStv available as a Smart TV app on the home menu on Vestel TVs. Previously LOVEStv was available only as an overlay broadcast on participating TV channels.
News categories: Sofia Digital, Cellnex Telecom, LOVEStv, Apps, Digital TV, HbbTV, Smart TV, Spain, Terrestrial
mtv and Sofia Digital make linear TV ads clickable on Smart TVs
Sep 27, 2021 – MTV Oy and Sofia Digital have developed a way to make advertising interactive on Smart TVs, enabling clickable campaigns to be activated on TV screens using companion devices such as smartphones.
News categories: Sofia Digital, MTV Oy, Advertising, Digital TV, Finland, HbbTV, Smart TV, UX
Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
Sep 22, 2021 – Sofia Digital, in co-operation with the DVB Project, is working on a project to create a central service list registry (CSR) to help speed up adoption and applicability of the DVB-I standard.
News categories: Sofia Digital, DVB Project, DVB-I, Digital TV, IBC2023, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
DVB releases free Reference Client for DVB-I services
Apr 22, 2020 – DVB has announced that an open source reference client for DVB-I is now available. Developed in collaboration with Sofia Digital, the reference client and related materials are released under the open source MIT license.
News categories: DVB Project, Sofia Digital, Emily Dubs, Mika Kanerva, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework