Digital TV News: Sony Electronics
NEXTGEN TV coalition highlights industry momentum at CES
Jan 5, 2022 – The coalition of U.S. broadcasters transitioning to NEXTGEN TV has applauded the plans announced during CES 2022 by Hisense and MediaTek, and new field test data recently achieved by Sony at the 'Motown 3.0 Open Test Track' in Detroit.
News categories: Pearl TV, MediaTek, Hisense, Sony Electronics, Anne Schelle, Alfred Chan, ATSC 3, CES2022, Digital TV, In-Car, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA
ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0
Nov 29, 2021 – The Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) has released a new Request for Proposals (RFP) for Broadcast Core Network technologies to enhance the ATSC 3.0 broadcast standard. Initial responses of interest are required by December 31, 2021.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, Madeleine Noland, Luke Fay, Ali Dernaika, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Sony field tests demonstrate ATSC 3.0 broadcasting to vehicles
Feb 11, 2021 – Field testing by Sony has demonstrated the robustness of ATSC 3.0 mobile reception creating an opportunity for local TV stations to transmit software updates and information to cars and trucks.
News categories: Sony Electronics, Pearl TV, Mike Nejat, Dave Folsom, ATSC 3, Digital TV, In-Car, USA
Sony announces BRAVIA TVs with 'Cognitive Processor XR'
Jan 7, 2021 – Sony has announced the world's first cognitive intelligence TVs. Powered by its Cognitive Processor XR, picture elements are adjusted to their best final outcome, so everything is synchronized and lifelike.
News categories: Sony Electronics, Mike Fasulo, Android TV, CES2022, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
XUMO gains distribution on Sony and Panasonic TVs
Jan 2, 2020 – XUMO has announced the addition of Sony and Panasonic to its existing distribution network with LG. This expansion guarantees significant global distribution for both content owners and advertisers partnered with XUMO at present and in the future.
News categories: XUMO, Sony Electronics, Panasonic, LG Electronics, Colin Petrie-Norris, Nick Colsey, Yasunari Anan, Sangwoo Lee, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Sony and Chicken Soup for the Soul launch Crackle Plus
May 14, 2019 – Sony Pictures Television (SPT) and Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (CSS Entertainment) (Nasdaq: CSSE) have launched their new streaming video joint venture named 'Crackle Plus' and announce closing of related transactions.
News categories: Chicken Soup for the Soul, Sony Pictures Television, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Harmonic and Sony demonstrate ATSC 3.0 hybrid service delivery at NAB Show 2019
Apr 7, 2019 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) and Sony have announced a demonstration at the 2019 NAB Show of advanced, hybrid ATSC 3.0 functionality. Harmonic's SaaS delivers both the OTA and OTT components of hybrid services that run on advanced TV software developed by Sony.
News categories: Harmonic, Sony Electronics, Tim Warren, Jason Clement, Kyle Walker, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Smart TV, USA
Sony and Chicken Soup for the Soul form Crackle Plus joint venture
Mar 28, 2019 – Sony Pictures Television and Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) have announced the signing of a definitive agreement to establish a new streaming video joint venture to be branded 'Crackle Plus'.
News categories: Sony Pictures Television, CSS Entertainment, Mike Hopkins, William J. Rouhana Jr, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Many announcements of HDMI 2.1 products expected at CES2019
Jan 7, 2019 – The HDMI 2.1 Specification was released in November 2017 and manufacturers of several products including semiconductors, TVs, AVRs, soundbars, and game consoles have made announcements on upcoming releases supporting the specification.
News categories: HDMI LA, HDMI Forum, Rob Tobias, Robert Blanchard, CES2022, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers