Digital TV News: Sony Electronics
Pearl TV brings NEXTGEN TV And Run3 TV to NAB Show 2023
Apr 13, 2023 – At NAB Show 2023, Pearl TV will demonstrate NEXTGEN TV features and capabilities with partners including Comcast NBCUniversal, Samsung and LG Electronics.
News categories: Pearl TV, RUN3TV, Robert Folliard, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Smart TV, USA
Initiative to further improve TV energy efficiency in N. America announced
Jan 6, 2023 – The CTA, with leading TV manufacturers, the NRDC and the ACEEE have announced a voluntary agreement aimed at significantly improving the energy efficiency of TVs sold in the United States and Canada.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, NRDC, Douglas Johnson, Joe Vukovich, Canada, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV coalition highlights industry momentum at CES
Jan 5, 2022 – The coalition of U.S. broadcasters transitioning to NEXTGEN TV has applauded the plans announced during CES 2022 by Hisense and MediaTek, and new field test data recently achieved by Sony at the 'Motown 3.0 Open Test Track' in Detroit.
News categories: Pearl TV, MediaTek, Hisense, Sony Electronics, Anne Schelle, Alfred Chan, ATSC 3, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA
ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0
Nov 29, 2021 – The Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) has released a new Request for Proposals (RFP) for Broadcast Core Network technologies to enhance the ATSC 3.0 broadcast standard. Initial responses of interest are required by December 31, 2021.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, Madeleine Noland, Luke Fay, Ali Dernaika, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Sony field tests demonstrate ATSC 3.0 broadcasting to vehicles
Feb 11, 2021 – Field testing by Sony has demonstrated the robustness of ATSC 3.0 mobile reception creating an opportunity for local TV stations to transmit software updates and information to cars and trucks.
News categories: Sony Electronics, Pearl TV, Mike Nejat, Dave Folsom, ATSC 3, Digital TV, In-Car, USA
Sony announces BRAVIA TVs with 'Cognitive Processor XR'
Jan 7, 2021 – Sony has announced the world's first cognitive intelligence TVs. Powered by its Cognitive Processor XR, picture elements are adjusted to their best final outcome, so everything is synchronized and lifelike.
News categories: Sony Electronics, Mike Fasulo, Android TV, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
XUMO gains distribution on Sony and Panasonic TVs
Jan 2, 2020 – XUMO has announced the addition of Sony and Panasonic to its existing distribution network with LG. This expansion guarantees significant global distribution for both content owners and advertisers partnered with XUMO at present and in the future.
News categories: XUMO, Sony Electronics, Panasonic, LG Electronics, Colin Petrie-Norris, Nick Colsey, Yasunari Anan, Sangwoo Lee, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Sony and Chicken Soup for the Soul launch Crackle Plus
May 14, 2019 – Sony Pictures Television (SPT) and Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (CSS Entertainment) (Nasdaq: CSSE) have launched their new streaming video joint venture named 'Crackle Plus' and announce closing of related transactions.
News categories: Chicken Soup for the Soul, Sony Pictures Television, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Harmonic and Sony demonstrate ATSC 3.0 hybrid service delivery at NAB Show 2019
Apr 7, 2019 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) and Sony have announced a demonstration at the 2019 NAB Show of advanced, hybrid ATSC 3.0 functionality. Harmonic's SaaS delivers both the OTA and OTT components of hybrid services that run on advanced TV software developed by Sony.
News categories: Harmonic, Sony Electronics, Tim Warren, Jason Clement, Kyle Walker, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Smart TV, USA
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data