Digital TV News: Sri Lanka Telecom
Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
Sep 14, 2019 – Sri Lanka Telecom (SLT) has selected a partner ecosystem, led by systems integrator Millennium I.T.E.S.P, to deploy its Personalised Entertainment Option (PEO) TV Go, a TV Everywhere solution complementing its IPTV service, SLT PEO TV.
News categories: Verimatrix, Broadpeak, Beenius, Millennium I.T.E.S.P, Sri Lanka Telecom, Steve Oetegenn, Jacques Le Mancq, Filip Remškar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2022, Sri Lanka, TV Everywhere
Sri Lanka Telecom to launch OTT entertainment platform
Apr 21, 2016 – Sri Lanka Telecom (SLT) has announced that the company is to offer an OTT entertainment streaming service. SLT has partnered with Hungama Digital Media Entertainment and Evoke International for the launch.
News categories: Sri Lanka Telecom, Hungama, Evoke, Dileepa Wijesundera, Siddharth Roy, Lahiru Wickramasinghe, Digital TV, Sri Lanka, Streaming
Netgem STB wins at EE and Sri Lanka Telecom
Oct 8, 2014 – With its third quarter 2014 results announcement Netgem (ISIN: FR0004154060, Reuters: ETGM.PA, Bloomberg: NTG FP) provided information on two commercial wins: at EE in the UK, and at Sri Lanka Telecom.
News categories: Netgem, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Sri Lanka, UK
UTStarcom Wins Sri Lanka Telecom IPTV Expansion Contact
Jun 14, 2012 – UTStarcom (Nasdaq: UTSI) has announced that it has won a contract from Sri Lanka Telecom (SLT) to supply set-top boxes for the telecom operator's IPTV system expansion. The boxes will enable SLT to provide a number of interactive media services.
News categories: UTStarcom, Sri Lanka Telecom, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Sri Lanka
UTStarcom a Leader in China, India IPTV Markets
Jun 30, 2009 – UTStarcom (Nasdaq: UTSI) was named the leading Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) provider in Asia in Multimedia Research Group's (MRG, Inc.) latest Global IPTV Market Leaders Report.
News categories: UTStarcom, Multimedia Research Group, Asia, China, Content Distribution, Content Protection, India, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Sri Lanka Telecom (SLT) launches IPTV
Sep 22, 2008 – Sri Lanka Telecom (SLT) (Colombo:SLTL) has launched IPTV in Sri Lanka, operated by a recently created subsidiary SLT VisionCom. Visioncom has a target of reaching 7,000 customers by the end of the year and 100,000 customers in three years.
News categories: Sri Lanka Telecom, SLT Visioncom, PEO TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka Telecom group offers Mobile TV
Aug 10, 2008 – With the issuing of a mobile television license to Mobitel, the mobile telephony arm of Sri Lanka Telecom (SLT) (Colombo: SLTL), the SLT Group is now offering Mobile TV as well as other emerging media such as broadband and IPTV.
News categories: Mobitel, Ministry of Mass Media and Information, Digital TV, Mobile, Sri Lanka
UTStarcom Selected by Sri Lanka Telecom to Launch IPTV Services on the South Asian Island
Jun 17, 2008 – UTStarcom (Nasdaq: UTSI) has announced a multi-million dollar contract with Just In Time Holdings to supply its industry-leading RollingStream® end-to-end Internet Protocol TV (IPTV) solution to Sri Lanka Telecom (SLT).
News categories: UTStarcom, Sri Lanka Telecom, Just In Time Holdings Pvt Ltd., Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Sri Lanka
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars