Digital TV News: Stephen van Rooyen
Currys becomes exclusive retail partner for Sky Stream
Jul 4, 2023 – Currys has become the exclusive retail partner for Sky Stream, enabling demonstration of the satellite-free streaming device, which will be on display in Currys' stores in the UK.
News categories: Currys, Sky, Ed Connolly, Stephen van Rooyen, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
Sep 27, 2022 – Sky has announced the launch of Sky Stream, providing entertainment streamed to any TV over Wi-Fi, with no dish or installation required. Sky Stream brings the Sky Glass UI and experience to more people.
News categories: Sky, Stephen van Rooyen, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
Paramount+ to launch on Sky across Europe
Aug 5, 2021 – ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC, VIACA) and Sky (NASDAQ: CMCSA) have announced that Paramount+ will launch on Sky platforms in the UK, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Switzerland and Austria (GSA) in 2022.
News categories: ViacomCBS, Sky, Paramount+, Raffaele Annecchino, Stephen van Rooyen, Advertising, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Satellite, Switzerland, UK
ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership
Jul 21, 2021 – ITV and Sky have signed a deal that includes enabling ITV to launch addressable advertising on Sky platforms. The ITV Hub app will also be added to the current ITV Hub service on Sky Q during 2022.
News categories: Sky, ITV, Stephen van Rooyen, Carolyn McCall, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
Amazon Prime Video to launch on Sky; NOW TV on Fire TV
Dec 14, 2020 – Sky and Amazon have announced a partnership that sees Prime Video launch on Sky and NOW TV devices across Europe, while the NOW TV and Sky Ticket apps will also come to Fire TV devices.
News categories: Sky, Amazon, Stephen van Rooyen, Jay Marine, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
BBC explores targeting of promotional content using Sky technology
Nov 11, 2019 – Sky and the BBC are to collaborate on content and technology. The BBC iPlayer app and connected red-button service will launch on Sky Q, and the companies will explore the use of Sky’s targeting technology, to serve up more personalised promotional content to BBC viewers.
News categories: Sky, BBC, Stephen van Rooyen, Bob Shennan, Apps, Big Data, Digital TV, Satellite, UK
Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
Sep 17, 2019 – Sky and Channel 4 have announced a partnership spanning content, technology and innovation. Channel 4 will use Sky’s AdSmart technology to deliver addressable ads across its portfolio of linear channels to both Sky and Virgin Media households.
News categories: Channel 4, Sky, Alex Mahon, Stephen van Rooyen, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, Satellite, UK
Sky and Netflix join forces as Ultimate On Demand comes to Sky Q
Sep 19, 2018 – Sky has announced Ultimate On Demand - the UK’s biggest on demand TV service, bringing together Sky Box Sets and the full Netflix service. Recommendations for Sky and Netflix shows will share the spotlight on Sky Q’s homepage.
News categories: Sky, Netflix, Stephen van Rooyen, Chris Whiteley, Digital TV, Ireland, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, TV Everywhere, UK, UX
Sky Q takes another big leap forward
Feb 27, 2018 – Sky has announced the next stage in the development of Sky Q. Greater personalisation based on a household's viewing habits will ensure customers are served content most relevant to them. At the same time, Sky Q's Voice functionality will be extended.
News categories: Sky Group, Spotify, Jeremy Darroch, Stephen van Rooyen, Digital TV, Ireland, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UK
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC
- Pixalate introduces Apple TV CTV trends report
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD revenues to triple to $20 billion by 2029
- Tata Elxsi and INVIDI partner on addressable advertising for Pay-TV operators
- Sercomm unveils RDK Video Accelerator STB based on Broadcom BCM72126