Digital TV News: Stephen van Rooyen
Amazon Prime Video to launch on Sky; NOW TV on Fire TV
Dec 14, 2020 – Sky and Amazon have announced a partnership that sees Prime Video launch on Sky and NOW TV devices across Europe, while the NOW TV and Sky Ticket apps will also come to Fire TV devices.
News categories: Sky, Amazon, Stephen van Rooyen, Jay Marine, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, Ireland, Italy, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
BBC explores targeting of promotional content using Sky technology
Nov 11, 2019 – Sky and the BBC are to collaborate on content and technology. The BBC iPlayer app and connected red-button service will launch on Sky Q, and the companies will explore the use of Sky’s targeting technology, to serve up more personalised promotional content to BBC viewers.
News categories: Sky, BBC, Stephen van Rooyen, Bob Shennan, Apps, Big Data, Digital TV, Satellite, UK
Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
Sep 17, 2019 – Sky and Channel 4 have announced a partnership spanning content, technology and innovation. Channel 4 will use Sky’s AdSmart technology to deliver addressable ads across its portfolio of linear channels to both Sky and Virgin Media households.
News categories: Channel 4, Sky, Alex Mahon, Stephen van Rooyen, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, Satellite, UK
Sky and Netflix join forces as Ultimate On Demand comes to Sky Q
Sep 19, 2018 – Sky has announced Ultimate On Demand - the UK’s biggest on demand TV service, bringing together Sky Box Sets and the full Netflix service. Recommendations for Sky and Netflix shows will share the spotlight on Sky Q’s homepage.
News categories: Sky, Netflix, Stephen van Rooyen, Chris Whiteley, Digital TV, Ireland, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, UK, UX
Sky Q takes another big leap forward
Feb 27, 2018 – Sky has announced the next stage in the development of Sky Q. Greater personalisation based on a household's viewing habits will ensure customers are served content most relevant to them. At the same time, Sky Q's Voice functionality will be extended.
News categories: Sky Group, Spotify, Jeremy Darroch, Stephen van Rooyen, Digital TV, Ireland, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UK
Sky Q service to be available OTT in 2018
Jan 26, 2017 – Sky has announced plans to launch Sky TV without the need for a satellite dish. Delivered through a box over broadband, the service is expected to launch in the UK in 2018. Sky is also launching a new My Sky app.
News categories: BSkyB, Stephen van Rooyen, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
Sky Q goes on sale in February
Jan 29, 2016 – Sky has announced that Sky Q will go on sale in February. The Sky Q products connect wirelessly to create an ecosystem that makes TV viewing seamless – called Fluid Viewing. Fluid Viewing allows a user to pause a show in one room and pick up the action on another TV or tablet in the home.
News categories: Sky, Stephen van Rooyen, Apps, Digital TV, Mobile, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UK
Sky TV Goes Online and Mobile for all 10 million customers
Jun 10, 2011 – From next month, all Sky TV customers will have the opportunity to watch BSkyB (LSE:BSY) channels and programmes on PCs, laptops, mobiles and tablets at no extra charge.
News categories: BSkyB, Mobile, OTT, Satellite, Tablet, UK
Sky+HD passes 1 million homes after record growth
Apr 30, 2009 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has announced that the total number of Sky+HD customers has passed the 1 million mark for the first time after record sales in the first three months of 2009.
News categories: BSkyB, Digital TV, DVR, Ireland, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, UK
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand