Digital TV News: Stuart Thomson
ABOX42 debuts Broadcom-based UHD/4K HEVC SmartSTB at IBC
Sep 1, 2015 – ABOX42 will unveil its Broadcom-based M40 Smart STB platform at IBC. The M40 is based on ABOX42's SmartSDK middleware which provides an HTML5 browser-based user interface and support for application environments such as HbbTV.
News categories: ABOX42, Broadcom, Matthias Greve, Stuart Thomson, Digital TV, HTML5, IBC2020, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ABOX42 announces Smart STB with 4K UHD and H.265/HEVC support
Mar 14, 2014 – ABOX42 has announced its X-Series Smart STB Platform based on Broadcom's BCM7251 multi-HD/Ultra HD IP system-on-chip. The X-Series will provide high end functionality for IPTV and OTT DVB services.
News categories: ABOX42, Broadcom, Stuart Thomson, Matthias Greve, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
ABOX42 debuts Broadcom-based 'M20' smart set-top box at IBC 2013
Sep 10, 2013 – ABOX42 has announced that it will showcase its new 'M20' IPTV and OTT Smart STB at IBC 2013. The M20 is powered by Broadcom's BCM7241 HD IP STB SoC and delivers a full suite of internet-based frameworks and applications.
News categories: ABOX42, Digital TV, IBC2020, IPTV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Civolution and Broadcom make Automatic Advertisement Recognition available for Set-top Boxes
Apr 9, 2013 – Civolution has announced the integration of its Automatic Content Recognition (ACR) technology with STB chipsets from Broadcom. ACR includes, for example, the automatic recognition of broadcast advertisements, thereby enabling companies to trigger synchronized and interactive calls-to-action on the TV screen.
News categories: Civolution, Broadcom, Content Identification, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ABOX42 Unveils Broadcom-powered 'M12' High End IP STB at IBC 2012
Sep 6, 2012 – ABOX42 has announced its 'M12' IPTV and OTT set top box. The M12 enables service providers to deliver IP-based TV content and services and is powered by Broadcom's (Nasdaq: BRCM) BCM7231 IP STB platform.
News categories: ABOX42, Broadcom, IBC2020, IPTV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Broadcom Demonstrates Connected Digital Television Platform
Jan 6, 2008 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced that it is demonstrating a digital television (DTV) design platform that enables connection to the web and home network, allowing consumers to access their personal videos, photos and music from their television.
News categories: Broadcom, CES2020, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Broadcom's Digital Television SoC Selected by Syntax-Brillian for New Line of Affordable High Definition Olevia LCD Televisions
Dec 19, 2007 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced that its digital TV (DTV) system-on-a-chip (SoC) technology has been selected by Syntax-Brillian Corporation for use in its newest Olevia™ 2T Series of LCD high definition televisions (HDTVs).
News categories: Broadcom, Syntax-Brillian, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
Broadcom and RaisingSun Collaborate to Deliver Industry's First Digital TV Solution for China's Television Market
Nov 28, 2007 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced a collaboration with RaisingSun Digital Video Technology Company of Shanghai, China, that provides the industry's first complete digital television (DTV) solution for China's television market.
News categories: Broadcom, iTVware, ATSC, China, Digital TV, DTMB, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Broadcom System-on-a-Chip Included in Haier Large LCD HDTVs
Jan 9, 2007 – Broadcom Corporation (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced that its BCM3551 digital TV system-on-a-chip (SoC) is now featured within the Haier Group's family of liquid crystal display (LCD) high definition televisions (HDTVs).
News categories: Broadcom, ATSC, CES2020, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020
- SpotX expands Measurement and Attribution Suite
- Nordic video markets riding high
- WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
- Tru Optik offers cross-device OTT measurement for free