Digital TV News: TOD
ACCESS offers simple route for operators to add OTT TV services
May 23, 2023 – ACCESS Europe has announced ACCESS Twine for TV Operators, combining a technology platform with content to enable operators to easily add connected entertainment services on TV, mobile and tablet.
News categories: ACCESS Europe, Masahiro Aono, Robert Guest, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Net Solution acquires Beenius IPTV/OTT platform
May 19, 2023 – Beenius has sold its assets to Net Solution, paving the way for Net Solution to expand its capabilities in the IPTV, OTT and DVB Hybrid services sector with robust TV content solutions.
News categories: Beenius, Filip Remškar, Jasmin Zulčić, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
XroadMedia to power personalization at Dutch regional broadcasters
May 22, 2023 – Regiogroei, a partnership of 10 Dutch regional media broadcasters, has announced a project with XroadMedia to replace their existing recommendation solution with a more advanced alternative.
News categories: XroadMedia, Regiogroei, Adolf Proidl, Christjan Knijff, Big Data, Digital TV, Netherlands, UX
Avanci Broadcast adds ETRI, KPN, NEC & NERC-DTV as ATSC 3.0 IP licensors
May 22, 2023 – Avanci Broadcast, the one-stop licensing platform for ATSC 3.0, has announced the addition of four new licensors - ETRI, KPN, NEC and NERC-DTV.
News categories: Avanci Broadcast, Ilkka Rahnasto, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
Comscore local market measurement selected by WBNX-TV
May 16, 2023 – Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) and WBNX-TV have announced a TV measurement agreement that will see WBNX use Comscore's local TV currency as an additional source to sell and post advertising buys.
News categories: Comscore, WBNX-TV, Carol Hinnant, Lori Bruch, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Comscore to provide local advertising currency for NBCUniversal
May 18, 2023 – Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) has announced a partnership with NBCUniversal, in which NBCUniversal will be, for the first time, guaranteeing all local ad buys on Comscore measurement.
News categories: Comscore, NBCUniversal, Jon Carpenter, Frank Comerford, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Ad fraud continues to be a significant issue in CTV
May 18, 2023 – DoubleVerify (NYSE: DV) has released its 2023 Global Insights Report. The report highlights key digital ad quality trends, and demonstrates the need for always-on verification across channels.
News categories: DoubleVerify, Mark Zagorski, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Netflix partners with EDO on measurement for advertisers
May 17, 2023 – Netflix will use EDO’s predictive behavioral outcomes data to provide insights for advertisers, indicating how brands' campaigns perform on the platform compared to YouTube, OTT, and linear TV.
News categories: EDO, Netflix, Kevin Krim, Peter Naylor, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Integral Ad Science earns MRC accreditation for CTV viewable impressions
May 18, 2023 – Integral Ad Science (Nasdaq: IAS) has received the industry's first accreditation for Connected TV (CTV) video viewable impressions from the Media Rating Council (MRC).
News categories: Integral Ad Science, Media Rating Council, Kevin Alvero, George W. Ivie, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin