Digital TV News: Tele2
European Commission to investigate proposed acquisition of Tele2 NL by T-Mobile
Jun 12, 2018 – The European Commission has opened an in-depth investigation to assess the proposed acquisition of Tele2 NL by T-Mobile NL under the EU Merger Regulation. The Commission is concerned that the merger could lead to higher prices, and reduce choice and innovation for customers in the Netherlands.
News categories: European Commission, T-Mobile, Tele2, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Netherlands, Regulation
Com Hem to merge with Tele2
Jan 10, 2018 – Tele2 (Stockholm: TEL2 A and TEL2 B) and Com Hem (Stockholm: COMH) have announced that they have agreed on a combination of Tele2 and Com Hem through a statutory merger, creating an integrated connectivity provider.
News categories: Tele2, Com Hem, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Sweden
T-Mobile Netherlands to acquire Tele2 NL
Dec 15, 2017 – Deutsche Telekom and Tele2 have announced that they have reached an agreement under which T-Mobile will acquire Tele2’s Dutch business. The enlarged company will continue to operate as T-Mobile Netherlands and will also use the Tele2 brand in the market.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Tele2, T-Mobile, Thorsten Langheim, Allison Kirkby, Søren Abildgaard, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Netherlands
Tele2 deploys enhanced viewing experience with Espial
Jun 7, 2017 – Espial has announced the deployment by Tele2 of an updated video user experience in the Netherlands. The enhanced viewing experience features high-definition menus and content posters and new features such as an interactive trailer channel.
News categories: Espial, Tele2, Michael McCluskey, Fouad el Idrissi, Digital TV, IPTV, Netherlands, UX
MTG launches Viaplay in the Baltics
Jul 28, 2016 – MTG has launched its Viaplay video streaming service in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. Viaplay was launched across the Nordic region five years ago and will now bring on demand content to even more customers.
News categories: MTG, Jørgen Madsen Lindemann, Baltics, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming
Ziggo's triple-play market share in Holland under pressure
Aug 23, 2015 – According to Telecompaper, over 4.6 million Dutch households have triple-play subscriptions. Ziggo is the biggest player in the triple-play market, but its market share is under pressure, falling by 4 percent points over the past year.
News categories: Telecompaper, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Mobile, Netherlands, Subscribers
Tele2 bundles SimpliTV DTT with broadband in Austria
Nov 3, 2014 – Austria's Tele2 has announced that it is bundling the SimpliTV pay DTT service with its broadband and telephony offerings. Subscribers can receive up to 40 channels, including 9 in HD, via a DTT set-top box.
News categories: Tele2, SimpliTV, Austria, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Two European operators select Espial for multiscreen services
Apr 15, 2014 – Espial has announced that two of its existing European Pay TV operator customers, Vodafone in Iceland and Tele2 in the Netherlands, have selected Espial to power their multiscreen services on Tablets, Smartphones and PCs.
News categories: Espial, Vodafone, Tele2, Iceland, Middleware, Mobile, Netherlands
Over half of Dutch households subscribed to triple-play
Apr 1, 2014 – More than half of Dutch households (53%) were subscribed to three fixed services from one provider in Q4 2013, according to Telecompaper.
News categories: Telecompaper, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Netherlands, Subscribers
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil