Digital TV News: Televisa
Akta powers AVOD, SVOD, Live Streaming and FAST for ViX
Oct 3, 2023 – TelevisaUnivision has announced that Akta's Cloud Video Platform is powering AVOD, SVOD, Live and FAST Channels for ViX, its Spanish language streaming service.
News categories: Akta, ViX, TelevisaUnivision, Alper Turgut, Michael Cerda, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, Mexico, Streaming, USA
SBT launches FAST channel with Amagi and AD Digital
Aug 7, 2023 – Amagi has announced that Sistema Brasileiro de Televisão (SBT) has partnered with Amagi and AD Digital to launch, distribute and monetize its first FAST channel, TV Zyn.
News categories: Amagi, AD Digital, SBT, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
Nielsen solution measures content viewing across all device types
May 3, 2023 – Nielsen has introduced Nielsen ONE Content Alpha, delivering measurement of content viewing across all device types. Nielsen ONE Content uses Gracenote ID for entertainment content identification.
News categories: Nielsen, Deirdre Thomas, Jon Turner, Roberto Ruiz, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Televisa selects Eutelsat to expand video coverage in Europe
Apr 19, 2023 – Grupo Televisa has selected Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) to further expand the reach of its video services in Europe, taking capacity on EUTELSAT 9B, a satellite at 9° East optimized for broadcast services.
News categories: Eutelsat, Grupo Televisa, José Ignacio González-Núñez, Williams Aguirre, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
Mirada and Broadpeak partner to boost video experience at izzitv
Apr 13, 2023 – Mirada and Broadpeak have worked with izzi Telekom to replace izzitv's origin servers, taking their content delivery to the next level with a bespoke on-premises solution for their video platform.
News categories: Mirada, Broadpeak, izzi, José-Luis Vázquez, Jacques Le Mancq, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico
LTN powers live soccer streaming at scale for TelevisaUnivision
Apr 11, 2023 – TelevisaUnivision is using LTN's fully managed production service to deliver live sports events for its streaming service, ViX, available across the U.S. and Latin America.
News categories: LTN, TelevisaUnivision, Malik Khan, Olek Loewenstein, Digital TV, Latin America, NABShow, Streaming, USA
U.S. JIC reveals certification criteria for premium video measurement
Mar 6, 2023 – OpenAP on behalf of the U.S. JIC has announced the publication of initial requirements for premium video cross-platform currencies, a milestone in coalescing the industry around common standards.
News categories: OpenAP, David Levy, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Brightcove launches ad monetization service for media companies
Mar 7, 2023 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has launched Brightcove Ad Monetization, enabling media companies to better monetize their live and VOD content with improved yield optimization.
News categories: Brightcove, Marc DeBevoise, David Beck, Michael Dorf, Advertising, Digital TV, Worldwide
Liberty Global acquires 4.92% interest in Vodafone
Feb 13, 2023 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has acquired 1,335 million shares in Vodafone representing 4.92% of the outstanding share capital (excluding treasury shares).
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Worldwide
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024