Digital TV News: The Cable Show
ViXS Reports First Quarter Fiscal 2015 Results
Jun 5, 2014 – ViXS Systems (TSX:VXS) has reported its first quarter fiscal 2015 results for the period ended April 30, 2014. ViXS reported Q1FY15 revenue of $7.4 million, total comprehensive loss of $5.1 million and non-IFRS net loss of $4.5 million.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Gateway, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Amazon gaining traction in connected home technology market
May 1, 2014 – Parks Associates has announced new research showing Amazon has made significant gains in the OTT video market as nearly 20% of all U.S. broadband households now have an Amazon Prime Instant Video subscription.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Vodafone selects Edgeware for FTTH video delivery in the Netherlands
Apr 30, 2014 – Edgeware has announced that Vodafone NL has deployed Edgeware´s Distributed Video Delivery Networks (D-VDN) Solution to deliver the Vodafone Thuis service to its Dutch fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) subscribers.
News categories: Edgeware, Vodafone, Ruud van den Oosterkamp, Joachim Roos, Content Distribution, Fibre, IPTV, Netherlands
Entropic ships more than 5 million chipsets for HD-DTAs in North America
Apr 30, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that it has shipped more than five million set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) solutions for North American cable operator HD-DTAs (High-Definition Digital Transport Adapters).
News categories: Entropic, Matt Rhodes, Cable TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
Pace 'Elements' middleware now RDK-compliant
Apr 30, 2014 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced that its Elements middleware now has full RDK compatibility. Elements is based on open source components and supports the design, delivery and management of digital content and services into and around the home.
News categories: Pace plc, Steve Heeb, Jonathan Cobb, Cable TV, RDK, Set Top Box, USA
Entropic STB SoCs complete Conax certification
Apr 30, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that it has completed the integration of the Conax conditional access core module into its advanced line of multimedia set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) products.
News categories: Entropic, Conax, Hans Kwaaitaal, Matt Rhodes, Content Protection, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Technicolor demonstrates industry’s first 4Kp60 set-top box
Apr 29, 2014 – Technicolor (Euronext Paris: TCH) has announced the availability of world’s first 'high-frame-rate' 4Kp60 (60 frames per second) Set Top Box, which will be showcased during The Cable Show.
News categories: Technicolor, Michel Rahier, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Minerva demonstrates RDK-compliant solution for TV services over cable
Apr 29, 2014 – Minerva Networks has demonstrated a complete IP/QAM solution for the delivery of multiscreen television services to RDK gateways and connected consumer devices.
News categories: Minerva Networks, Eric Freund, Mukul Krishna, Apps, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Mobile, RDK, USA
RVU Alliance launches certification program for 4K devices
Apr 29, 2014 – The RVU Alliance has announced the launch of the RVU Certification program for Ultra High Definition devices, along with an expansion of the RVU membership roster.
News categories: RVU Alliance, Henry Derovanessian, Gateway, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data
- TikTok now available on VIZIO Smart TVs
- Irdeto announces results for its 2022 financial year
- Magnite launches programmatic offering in Australia with Samsung Ads
- Comscore adds multi-platform CTV measurement for India
- Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
- South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
- UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
- Metaverse Standards Forum launched
- Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
- By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households
- Magnite agrees ACR data deal with LG Ads Solutions
- Amino software powers integration of pay TV and streaming at Now TV
- Global entertainment & media revenues surge to $2.3 trillion
- Yahoo appointed DSP for DIRECTV Advertising's addressable inventory
- DNA selects UEI for Android TV remote
- United Group to consolidate DTH services on a single platform