Digital TV News: Ting
BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
Aug 10, 2020 – 1Sat Telecomunicaçoes has launched BluTV, a DTH platform dedicated to the Brazilian market, on EUTELSAT 65 West A (Paris:ETL). BluTV’s basic offer will include over 100 channels, broadcast in a mix of SD and HD.
News categories: Eutelsat, BluTV, Philippe Oliva, Stephane Frappat, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
Aug 6, 2020 – Digital Citizens Alliance and NAGRA have released a report showing how illegal piracy subscription services in the U.S has grown into a billion-dollar industry providing TV to at least nine million U.S. households.
News categories: Digital Citizens Alliance, NAGRA, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
Aug 6, 2020 – SLING TV has announced a feature that integrates free, local over-the-air (OTA) broadcast channels into the SLING TV guide on 2020 LG Smart televisions with webOS 5.0, without the need to switch inputs or applications.
News categories: SLING TV, LG, Jon Lin, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA, UX
Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
Aug 6, 2020 – Conviva has released its State of Streaming report for Q2 2020. The report details the impact of COVID-19, illustrating that while streaming continues to grow overall, it slowed in May and June as compared to its height in April.
News categories: Conviva, Bill Demas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
Aug 5, 2020 – France’s video entertainment market is expected to gain long-term benefits from the COVID-19 pandemic, with an anticipated uplift in sector revenues which is marginally higher than previous market forecasts, according to Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Tristan Veale, COVID-19, Digital TV, France, Market Research
Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
Aug 5, 2020 – Survata has launched an enhanced suite of CTV measurement capabilities. The two cornerstones of the enhancements are a new Targeting Verification technology and expanded scale of the Survata Digital Network.
News categories: Survata, Chris Kelly, Scott Symonds, Jonah Goodhart, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
Aug 5, 2020 – A surge in screen time during lockdown saw UK adults spend 40% of their waking day watching TV and online video services, Ofcom has found. People spend twice as much time watching subscription streaming services: 34 minutes in 2019, and 1 hour 11 minutes in April 2020.
News categories: Ofcom, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
Aug 4, 2020 – Entercom, home of RADIO.COM, has announced a partnership with Vewd to expand its smart TV footprint. With Vewd, tens of millions of smart TVs, including Sony, Philips and Hisense, will gain access to RADIO.COM.
News categories: Entercom, Vewd, David Rosenbloom, Michael Winneker, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
Aug 4, 2020 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Grupo Express has selected NAGRA to enable NOW Express, a multiscreen OTT streaming service for its set-top box and mobile customers in Argentina.
News categories: NAGRA, Grupo Express, Bold MSS, Xavier Fustagueras, Gabriel Forenza, Ariel Droyeski, Argentina, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi