Digital TV News: Tom Rutledge
Charter residential video customers down 152,000 in 1Q 2019
Apr 30, 2019 – Charter Communications has reported results for the three months ended March 31, 2019. Residential video customers decreased by 152,000 in the first quarter of 2019. As of March 31, 2019, Charter had 16.0 million residential video customers.
News categories: Charter, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Results, Subscribers, USA
Spectrum to offer 'Essentials' OTT TV service to its internet customers
Feb 20, 2019 – Charter Communications has announced that it will launch Spectrum TV Essentials, an OTT video service, to be made available exclusively in Charter’s footprint to Spectrum Internet customers who don’t already subscribe to Spectrum video services.
News categories: Charter Communications, Tom Rutledge, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Charter launches Spectrum TV as a Roku app
Oct 12, 2015 – Charter Communications (NASDAQ: CHTR) has announced that its Spectrum TV App is now available as a channel on Roku players and Roku TVs. Charter TV customers are able to stream Spectrum TV content to any TV in the home connected to a Roku device.
News categories: Charter Communications, Roku, Tom Rutledge, Andrew Ferrone, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Charter to merge with TWC and acquire Bright House
May 26, 2015 – Charter Communications (Nasdaq: CHTR) and Time Warner Cable (NYSE: TWC) have announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement for Charter to merge with Time Warner Cable.
News categories: Charter Communications, Time Warner Cable, Bright House, Tom Rutledge, Robert D. Marcus, Steve Miron, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, USA
Cisco to supply Charter with cloud-based security and 'Worldbox' STBs
Jan 7, 2015 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) and Charter (NASDAQ: CHTR) have announced that the two companies have entered into a strategic agreement through which Cisco will supply key products in support of Charter's next-generation video patform.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Charter Communications, John Chambers, Tom Rutledge, Cable TV, CES2021, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, Set Top Box, USA
Cablevision's New Optimum App Delivers the Full Cable Television Experience to an iPad in the Home
Apr 2, 2011 – Cablevision (NYSE: CVC) has announced the launch of the Optimum App for iPad, which allows its cable television customers to experience iO TV digital cable - including access to hundreds of channels and video on demand (VOD) - on an iPad in the home.
News categories: Cablevision, Apps, Cable TV, Tablet, USA
Cablevision Service Connects Computer and Television Screens With the Press of a Button
Feb 24, 2010 – Cablevision Systems (NYSE: CVC) has announced the development of a service, called PC to TV Media Relay, that will allow its digital cable customers to relay the contents of their computer screen to their television in real-time.
News categories: Cablevision, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DOCSIS, OTT, Smart Home, USA
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India