Digital TV News: Tom Rutledge
Charter residential video customers down 152,000 in 1Q 2019
Apr 30, 2019 – Charter Communications has reported results for the three months ended March 31, 2019. Residential video customers decreased by 152,000 in the first quarter of 2019. As of March 31, 2019, Charter had 16.0 million residential video customers.
News categories: Charter, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Results, Subscribers, USA
Spectrum to offer 'Essentials' OTT TV service to its internet customers
Feb 20, 2019 – Charter Communications has announced that it will launch Spectrum TV Essentials, an OTT video service, to be made available exclusively in Charter’s footprint to Spectrum Internet customers who don’t already subscribe to Spectrum video services.
News categories: Charter Communications, Tom Rutledge, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Charter launches Spectrum TV as a Roku app
Oct 12, 2015 – Charter Communications (NASDAQ: CHTR) has announced that its Spectrum TV App is now available as a channel on Roku players and Roku TVs. Charter TV customers are able to stream Spectrum TV content to any TV in the home connected to a Roku device.
News categories: Charter Communications, Roku, Tom Rutledge, Andrew Ferrone, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Charter to merge with TWC and acquire Bright House
May 26, 2015 – Charter Communications (Nasdaq: CHTR) and Time Warner Cable (NYSE: TWC) have announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement for Charter to merge with Time Warner Cable.
News categories: Charter Communications, Time Warner Cable, Bright House, Tom Rutledge, Robert D. Marcus, Steve Miron, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, USA
Cisco to supply Charter with cloud-based security and 'Worldbox' STBs
Jan 7, 2015 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) and Charter (NASDAQ: CHTR) have announced that the two companies have entered into a strategic agreement through which Cisco will supply key products in support of Charter's next-generation video patform.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Charter Communications, John Chambers, Tom Rutledge, Cable TV, CES2020, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, Set Top Box, USA
Cablevision's New Optimum App Delivers the Full Cable Television Experience to an iPad in the Home
Apr 2, 2011 – Cablevision (NYSE: CVC) has announced the launch of the Optimum App for iPad, which allows its cable television customers to experience iO TV digital cable - including access to hundreds of channels and video on demand (VOD) - on an iPad in the home.
News categories: Cablevision, Apps, Cable TV, Tablet, USA
Cablevision Service Connects Computer and Television Screens With the Press of a Button
Feb 24, 2010 – Cablevision Systems (NYSE: CVC) has announced the development of a service, called PC to TV Media Relay, that will allow its digital cable customers to relay the contents of their computer screen to their television in real-time.
News categories: Cablevision, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DOCSIS, OTT, Smart Home, USA
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019