Digital TV News: Tom Rutledge
Charter and Comcast to build next generation streaming platform together
Apr 27, 2022 – Charter (NASDAQ: CHTR) and Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) have announced that the two companies have formed a 50/50 joint venture to develop and offer a next-generation streaming platform on a variety of branded 4K streaming devices and smart TVs.
News categories: Comcast Corporation, Charter Communications, Dave Watson, Tom Rutledge, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Charter residential video customers down 152,000 in 1Q 2019
Apr 30, 2019 – Charter Communications has reported results for the three months ended March 31, 2019. Residential video customers decreased by 152,000 in the first quarter of 2019. As of March 31, 2019, Charter had 16.0 million residential video customers.
News categories: Charter, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Results, Subscribers, USA
Spectrum to offer 'Essentials' OTT TV service to its internet customers
Feb 20, 2019 – Charter Communications has announced that it will launch Spectrum TV Essentials, an OTT video service, to be made available exclusively in Charter’s footprint to Spectrum Internet customers who don’t already subscribe to Spectrum video services.
News categories: Charter Communications, Tom Rutledge, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Charter launches Spectrum TV as a Roku app
Oct 12, 2015 – Charter Communications (NASDAQ: CHTR) has announced that its Spectrum TV App is now available as a channel on Roku players and Roku TVs. Charter TV customers are able to stream Spectrum TV content to any TV in the home connected to a Roku device.
News categories: Charter Communications, Roku, Tom Rutledge, Andrew Ferrone, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Charter to merge with TWC and acquire Bright House
May 26, 2015 – Charter Communications (Nasdaq: CHTR) and Time Warner Cable (NYSE: TWC) have announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement for Charter to merge with Time Warner Cable.
News categories: Charter Communications, Time Warner Cable, Bright House, Tom Rutledge, Robert D. Marcus, Steve Miron, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, USA
Cisco to supply Charter with cloud-based security and 'Worldbox' STBs
Jan 7, 2015 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) and Charter (NASDAQ: CHTR) have announced that the two companies have entered into a strategic agreement through which Cisco will supply key products in support of Charter's next-generation video patform.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Charter Communications, John Chambers, Tom Rutledge, Cable TV, CES2023, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, Set Top Box, USA
Cablevision's New Optimum App Delivers the Full Cable Television Experience to an iPad in the Home
Apr 2, 2011 – Cablevision (NYSE: CVC) has announced the launch of the Optimum App for iPad, which allows its cable television customers to experience iO TV digital cable - including access to hundreds of channels and video on demand (VOD) - on an iPad in the home.
News categories: Cablevision, Apps, Cable TV, Tablet, USA
Cablevision Service Connects Computer and Television Screens With the Press of a Button
Feb 24, 2010 – Cablevision Systems (NYSE: CVC) has announced the development of a service, called PC to TV Media Relay, that will allow its digital cable customers to relay the contents of their computer screen to their television in real-time.
News categories: Cablevision, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Smart Home, Streaming, USA
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022