Digital TV News: Vestel
Vestel to make DVB-I compatible Smart TVs available in Italy
Sep 14, 2023 – Vestel has announced it will make available in Italy the first televisions compatible with DVB-I standards, allowing Italian broadcasters to test the market for a Smart TV offering.
News categories: Vestel, Mediaset, Baris Altinkaya, Alberto Bruno, Digital TV, Italy, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming
DVB to showcase DVB-I and DVB-NIP at IBC2023
Aug 30, 2023 – The DVB Project's booth at IBC2023 will showcase the German and Italian DVB-I trials alongside advances in interoperability for DVB Native IP delivery.
News categories: DVB Project, Broadcast, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2023, Streaming, Worldwide
Vestel TiVo-powered Smart TVs expected for this year's holiday season
Aug 30, 2023 – At IFA 2023, Xperi (NYSE: XPER) will demonstrate its platform for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to engage their audience, regardless of whether it is through a smart TV or in the car.
News categories: Xperi, IDC, Jon Kirchner, Greg Ireland, Digital TV, IFABerlin, In-Car, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
Redge Media powers Pilot WP on Panasonic Smart TVs
Jun 28, 2023 – Pilot WP, the most popular online pay TV service in Poland, is now available on Panasonic connected TVs. The service has been deployed on the Redge Media platform.
News categories: Redge Media, Pilot WP, Panasonic, Przemysław Frasunek, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Poland, Smart TV, Streaming
Omdia reveals market is favoring China panel makers
May 16, 2023 – Competition from China’s top tier TV makers is on the rise with TCL and Hisense accounting for 24% of TV panel purchases in 1Q23, up from 22% in 2022, and higher than the historical average of 19%.
News categories: Omdia, Deborah Yang, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Vestel to produce VIDAA-based Smart TVs for Europe
Jan 9, 2023 – VIDAA has signed a partnership with Vestel to provide its turnkey operating system. The deal will expand the presence of the VIDAA platform in Europe, powering Toshiba branded TVs starting in 2023.
News categories: VIDAA, Vestel, Guy Edri, Turan Erdogan, CES2023, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, TV OS
Vestel unveils 'Powered by TiVo' Smart TVs at CES 2023
Jan 4, 2023 – TiVo (XPER: NYSE) and Vestel have announced that as part of a multi-country agreement, the first Powered by TiVo smart TVs are expected to ship as early as spring 2023, featuring chipsets from MediaTek.
News categories: Xperi, Vestel, Jon Kirchner, Turan Erdoğan, David Purdy, CES2023, Digital TV, Europe, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Turkey, TV OS
DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
Nov 22, 2022 – Foxxum has announced the launch of DAZN in Germany, Italy, and Spain with further territorial expansions following DAZN's rollout plans. Foxxum CTV OS clients will onboard over the next year, following an initial launch on Vestel devices.
News categories: Foxxum, DAZN, Ronny Lutzi, Peter Parmenter, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, Italy, Smart TV, Spain, TV OS
Xperi completes spin-off to become independent public company
Oct 3, 2022 – Xperi Inc. (NYSE: XPER) has completed its first day of trading as an independent company. Each stockholder of the Company’s predecessor (now known as “Adeia”) received a distribution of four shares of Xperi Common Stock for every ten shares of common stock of Adeia.
News categories: Xperi, Jon Kirchner, In-Car, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC