Digital TV News: VisualOn
KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
Jul 29, 2020 – KDDI has selected the VisualOn Media Player to power playback on its au Smart Pass service. Subscribers can now experience the highest quality video, including multiple synchronized streams, on the Smart Pass app.
News categories: VisualOn, KDDI, Michael Jones, Takahiro Oono, Apps, Digital TV, Japan, Media Player, Mobile
DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
Jul 6, 2020 – VisualOn has announced that it is providing DNA's end users with the ability to stream video on Android TV. VisualOn's OnStream Android TV is integrated into DNA's TV app. DNA is Finland's largest cable operator.
News categories: VisualOn, DNA Plc, Yang Cai, Pekka Jääskeläinen, Apps, Digital TV, Finland, Media Player, OTT
VisualOn launches test suite to help resolve streaming video playback issues
Apr 23, 2020 – VisualOn has announced the availability of the VisualOn Remote Lab, an testing and debugging suite that resolves the pain points of managing disparate devices, teams and streams and ensures a high QoS for OTT video service providers.
News categories: VisualOn, Michael Jones, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, QoE, Worldwide
NetByNet enhances viewing with streaming capabilities from VisualOn
Sep 10, 2019 – Russian telecommunications provider NetByNet is using the VisualOn Media Platform (VMP). The deployment enables NetByNet to deliver video playback on its Wifire service across all Android-enabled devices, including smartphones, smart TVs and STBs.
News categories: VisualOn, NetByNet, Yang Cai, Anastasiya Kiseleva, Digital TV, IBC2020, Media Player, OTT, Russia, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Altibox selects VisualOn to deliver video to Apple TV app
Sep 12, 2018 – VisualOn has announced that it is now providing Altibox's end users with the ability to stream video using Apple TV. VisualOn’s Onstream Apple TV solution enables Altibox to use the same MPEG-DASH and Playready flow on tvOS as on Android and iOS.
News categories: VisualOn, Altibox, Yang Cai, Jarle Johnsen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2020, Media Player, Norway, OTT, Set Top Box
Agama and VisualOn partner to improve OTT video experiences
Sep 14, 2017 – Agama and VisualOn have announced that they are partnering to deliver a pre-integrated player SDK solution for efficient video service quality assurance for OTT providers. The integration simplifies the process for operators wanting to ensure a high-quality viewing experience.
News categories: Agama, VisualOn, Mikael Dahlgren, Yang Cai, Digital TV, IBC2020, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, QoE, Worldwide
Stofa selects VisualOn QoS for multiscreen OTT
Jun 8, 2016 – VisualOn has announced that Stofa has selected the company to provide its WebTV OTT Player with the ability to manage QOS on end-point devices using its VisualOn OnStream® Analytics software.
News categories: VisualOn, Stofa, Andy Lin, Thomas Helbo, Cable TV, Denmark, Media Player, Mobile, OTT
INSIDE Secure and VisualOn partner to secure OTT playback
Apr 6, 2016 – INSIDE Secure (Paris:INSD) and VisualOn have announced that they are partnering to provide a secure multimedia player SDK to allow the development and rollout of video applications, supporting the most popular DRM systems, across all OTT platforms.
News categories: INSIDE Secure, VisualOn, Andrew McLennan, Andy Lin, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Mobile, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
Telekom Slovenije selects Viaccess-Orca player for OTT delivery
Apr 21, 2015 – Viaccess-Orca has announced that Telekom Slovenije has selected Viaccess-Orca's Connected Sentinel Player to support its new OTT multiscreen platform TViN. Through the Connected Sentinel Player, operators and content providers can securely deliver OTT services to a wide range of connected devices.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Telekom Slovenije, Chem Assagyag, Simon Furlan, DRM, IPTV, Media Player, Slovenia, TV Everywhere
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica