Digital TV News: Wayne Tsai
Irdeto, SMIT, MStar and TP Vision develop reference CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM
Sep 17, 2018 – A partnership of players in the CAM ecosystem, led by Irdeto, has announced a productized CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM which is ready for certification. The partnership includes MStar Semiconductor, SMIT Holdings and TP Vision.
News categories: Irdeto, MStar Semi, SMIT Holdings, TP Vision, Steeve Huin, Wayne Tsai, Bingyu Xiang, Elie Bonte, CAM, Digital TV, IBC, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
MStar releases ECP-compliant CI+ 2.0 CAM solution in USB form factor
May 23, 2018 – MStar Semiconductor has launched an Enhanced Content Protection (ECP) compliant CI+ 2.0 CAM solution in USB form factor and Android TV, which will allow consumers to receive pay TV services on their TVs by leveraging USB-based CAMs.
News categories: MStar Semi, Wayne Tsai, ANGA COM, CAM, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Irdeto, MStar, SMIT, TP Vision and Rabbit Labs support CI Plus 2.0 USB form factor
Sep 14, 2017 – Irdeto has announced a partnership with MStar Semiconductor and SMIT Holdings to offer a CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM with Irdeto Cloaked CA to operators globally. TV manufacturer TP Vision and DVB-CI test tool and software provider, Rabbit Labs are also supporting the partnership.
News categories: Irdeto, MStar Semi, SMIT Holdings, TP Vision, Rabbit Labs, Steeve Huin, Wayne Tsai, Aaron Li, Elie Bonte, Gilles Gautier, CAM, Digital TV, IBC, QoE, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Mstar integrates Irdeto Rights for China DRM Hardware Profile
Mar 23, 2017 – Irdeto has announced the successful integration of Irdeto Rights for China DRM Hardware Profile with MStar's trusted execution environment (TEE) hardware on chipsets equipped with Side Channel Resistance (SCR).
News categories: Irdeto, MStar Semi, Marco Xie, Wayne Tsai, CCBN, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
MStar announces support for Nagra's TVkey
Jan 4, 2017 – NAGRA and MStar Semiconductor have announced MStar’s plan to adopt the TVkey direct-to-TV security technology in its EMC SoCs for 4K Ultra HD HDR televisions, pending finalization of the new TVkey licensing body.
News categories: NAGRA, MStar Semi, CES2022, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
MaxLinear and MStar develop cable gateway reference design for China
Jan 4, 2017 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) and MStar Semiconductor have announced a joint reference design that allows Chinese cable operators to deploy the next generation of ultra-high definition (UHD) smart cable gateway set-top boxes (STB).
News categories: MaxLinear, MStar Semi, Will Torgerson, Wayne Tsai, Cable TV, CES2022, China, Digital TV, Gateway, Semiconductor
MaxLinear and MStar develop UHD satellite STB reference design
Sep 8, 2016 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) and MStar Semiconductor have announced a joint reference design aimed at accelerating the deployment of Ultra HD STBs and multichannel PVRs for satellite pay-TV operators worldwide.
News categories: MaxLinear, MStar Semi, Will Torgerson, Wayne Tsai, Digital TV, IBC, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MStar and Irdeto partner to secure Android for pay TV
Sep 8, 2016 – MStar Semiconductor and Irdeto have announced a partnership to enable the secure delivery of premium content to Android set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: MStar Semi, Irdeto, Wayne Tsai, Steeve Huin, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MStar STB and TV SoCs integrate NAGRA NOCS3 security
Sep 7, 2016 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and MStar Semiconductor have announced the completion of integration of NAGRA’s NOCS3 hardware security technologies directly into MStar’s System-On-Chips (SoCs) for connected STBs and Connected TVs.
News categories: MStar Semi, NAGRA, Wayne Tsai, Maurice van Riek, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service