Digital TV News: Wei Huang
Realtek and Irdeto develop RDK and Android TV hybrid STB
Sep 26, 2022 – Realtek and Irdeto have announced a joint development: Realtek's RTD1319D set-top box system-on-chip (SoC) with Irdeto's hybrid DVB middleware for Android TV and RDK.
News categories: Realtek, Irdeto, Yee-Wei Huang, Shane McCarthy, Android TV, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Realtek first with a 4K STB SoC supporting VVC/H.266
Aug 29, 2022 – Realtek (Taiwan: 2379.TW) has announced the world's first 4K UHD set-top box SoC (RTD1319D) to support the latest video compression standard – Versatile Video Coding (VVC/H.266).
News categories: Realtek, Yee-Wei Huang, Digital TV, IBC2022, ICs, Media Player, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Realtek and NAGRA collaborate on hybrid RDK set-top box solution
Jul 11, 2022 – Realtek and NAGRA have collaborated on a hybrid RDK offering. The RDK Video-based solution, for OTT, IP, and hybrid pay TV STBs, runs on Realtek's RTD1319 chipset series and includes support for NAGRA Connect OTT and CAS.
News categories: Realtek, NAGRA, Yee-Wei Huang, Sebastian Kranmer, Conditional Access, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
iWedia partners with Realtek to launch NextGen TV reference platform
Jun 7, 2022 – iWedia has partnered with Realtek to develop a reference platform to speed ATSC 3.0 deployment. The platform is based on Realtek's TV SoC and hardware platform integrated with the iWedia ATSC 3.0 broadcast/broadband stack and browser.
News categories: iWedia, Realtek, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Yee-Wei Huang, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA
Realtek launches image compression DTV SoC with Imagination
Mar 10, 2022 – Imagination Technologies has announced that its IMG B-Series BXE-4-32 GPU, with IMGIC image compression technology, has been integrated into Realtek's latest SoC, RTD2885N, and is currently shipping into significant digital television brands.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, Realtek, Maxwell Lin, Yee-Wei Huang, Digital TV, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Realtek joins Netflix Android TV and RDK set-top scaling programs
Dec 13, 2021 – Realtek has announced that it has joined the Netflix Hailstorm and Da Vinci scaling programs, delivering pre-integrated Netflix to both Android TV and RDK with approved SoC security NSV2018.1 from Netflix.
News categories: Realtek, Netflix, Yee-Wei Huang, Android TV, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
Realtek selects Imagination GPU for DTV SoC
Jul 15, 2021 – Imagination Technologies has announced that Realtek has licensed the IMG B-Series BXE-4-32 GPU for inclusion in their latest digital television SoC, continuing the companies' longstanding relationship.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, Realtek, Steve Evans, Yee-Wei Huang, Digital TV, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
Oct 29, 2020 – Allegro DVT has announced that Realtek Semiconductor has selected Allegro DVT’s test streams to ensure compliance of Realtek’s products with the emerging VVC video compression standard.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Realtek, Nathalie Brault, Yee-Wei Huang, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Taiwan, Worldwide
Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
Jan 20, 2020 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Realtek Semiconductor (Taiwan: 2379.TW) and Shenzhen Jiuzhou Electric have joined the NAGRA Android TV Fast Track program. This latest partnership will help enable Android TV based services for cable operators.
News categories: NAGRA, Realtek, Jiuzhou Electric, Maurice van Riek, Yee-Wei Huang, Richard Han, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023