Digital TV News: Windstream
U.S. cable and telco broadband subscribers up 1,165,000 in 1Q 2020
May 13, 2020 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest cable and telephone providers in the U.S. acquired about 1,165,000 net additional broadband subscribers in 1Q 2020, compared to a gain of about 955,000 in 1Q 2019.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Broadband, COVID-19, Market Research, USA
Kinetic by Windstream partners with YouTube TV
Feb 24, 2020 – Windstream has announced a partnership with YouTube TV that will provide its customers with a streaming solution for both live and on-demand content. Customers can connect with either a Smart TV or a streaming device connected to the Kinetic Internet service.
News categories: Windstream, YouTube TV, Jeff Small, OTT, USA
MOBITV adds $50m in funding
Jul 1, 2019 – MOBITV has closed over $50M in funding from Oak Investment Partners, Ally Financial, and Cedar Grove Partners. The funding will be used to accelerate the growth of the company’s international footprint, while it continues to strengthen the MOBITV CONNECT platform for Pay TV operators.
News categories: MOBITV, Oak Investment Partners, Charlie Nooney, Bandel Carano, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, USA, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Windstream launches app-based Kinetic TV in Nebraska
Apr 4, 2019 – Windstream has announced the introduction of its own app-based television product, Kinetic TV, its answer to Lincoln consumers’ demand for network entertainment and local channels, and the freedom and flexibility to watch TV when and where they wish.
News categories: Windstream, MOBITV, Brad Hedrick, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Windstream files for Chapter 11
Feb 25, 2019 – Windstream (NASDAQ: WIN) has announced that the Company and all of its subsidiaries have filed voluntary petitions for reorganization under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
News categories: Windstream, Tony Thomas, Digital TV, Finance, IPTV, USA
Windstream and MOBITV partner to launch app-based Kinetic TV
Feb 6, 2019 – Windstream (NASDAQ: WIN) and MOBITV have announced plans the launch of an app-based television service, Kinetic TV, which will enable Windstream’s residential customers to access content when and where they want it.
News categories: Windstream, MOBITV, Jeff Small, Charlie Nooney, Apps, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA
U.S. subscriber declines spreading from voice to TV, broadband
Dec 6, 2016 – Ovum has released 3Q16 subscriber growth figures for fixed voice, fixed broadband, and pay TV for the US. Ovum notes that a triple cord-cutting threat – the loss of subscribers in all three core fixed services – continues to loom.
News categories: Ovum, Kristin Paulin, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers, USA
Windstream launches Kinetic TV service in North Carolina
Nov 10, 2016 – Windstream (NASDAQ:WIN) has announced that Kinetic, Windstream’s next-generation television service, is available in 13 North Carolina communities. More than 50,000 residents can now sign up for the television service.
News categories: Windstream, Sarah Day, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Windstream applies to bring its Kinetic TV service to North Carolina
Aug 25, 2016 – Windstream (NASDAQ:WIN) has submitted a formal bid on a cable TV franchise agreement with the North Carolina Department of the Secretary of State to bring its Kinetic television service to more than 50,000 homes, primarily across 13 North Carolina communities.
News categories: Windstream, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Middleware, USA
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV
- COVID supercharged online video and gaming consumption in 2020
- VlogBox uses Protected Media SDK for CTV ad fraud detection
- Ekstraklasa chooses Red Bee as technology partner for Ekstraklasa.TV
- Sony brings BRAVIA CORE film entertainment to BRAVIA XR TVs
- Minerva Networks deploys at Mahaska Communications in Iowa
- LG to withdraw from mobile phone market
- 27% of DTC streaming video services are shared in the U.S.