Digital TV News: YouView
DTG release D-Book 12.5 requirements for UK DTT
Nov 2, 2020 – The DTG has released the latest version of its D-Book which sets out the technical interoperability requirements for digital terrestrial TV in the UK, underpinning Freeview, YouView, Freesat, EE TV, BT TV and TalkTalk TV.
News categories: DTG, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Owen Jenkinson, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
May 29, 2020 – BritBox and BT have announced that the BritBox app is now available on BT TV set-top boxes. BT TV customers will be able to access the app with their current log-in or sign up online. BT plans to offer integrated billing fon BT TV later this year.
News categories: BT TV, BritBox, Siena Pakington, Reemah Sakaan, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UK
BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
Apr 3, 2020 – BritBox has announced that Britbox is now available on LG Smart TVs manufactured from 2014. BritBox will be adding support for other Freeview Play Smart TVs and YouView devices in the next few months.
News categories: BritBox, LG Electronics, Reemah Sakaan, Carolyn Anderson, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, UK
BritBox now available on Amazon Fire TV
Feb 28, 2020 – BritBox has confirmed that the service is now available on Amazon Fire TV continuing its distribution growth. Around fifteen million homes are now able to watch BritBox on the biggest screen in the house.
News categories: BritBox, Amazon, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
BritBox available on Panasonic and Vestel TVs and on Chromecast
Dec 23, 2019 – BritBox has confirmed today that the service is now available on Panasonic’s premium range of televisions, on smart TVs manufactured by Vestel, and on Google Chromecast streaming sticks. This is in addition to the TV devices supported at launch.
News categories: ITV, Panasonic, Vestel, Reemah Sakaan, Helen Dixon, Hakan Kutlu, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
DTG defines latest UK TV industry requirements with D-Book 11
Oct 31, 2018 – The DTG has published the latest version of the D-Book, its technical standard for TV and DTT in the UK. The D-Book is updated annually with the collaboration of industry, underpinning Freeview, YouView, Freesat, EE TV, BT TV and TalkTalk TV.
News categories: DTG, Freeview, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Guy North, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Freeview only major UK broadcast platform growing its viewer base
Jun 28, 2018 – Freeview is the only major UK broadcast platform which is growing its viewer base, according to Digital UK’s annual update. The report highlights progress in Digital UK’s role leading development of Freeview which remains the UK’s most widely watched television service.
News categories: Digital UK, Freeview, Jonathan Thompson, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, UK
YouView reaches three million milestone
Feb 14, 2018 – YouView is powering more than three million set-top boxes and digital devices across the UK. The threshold was broken just seven months after the successful roll-out of YouView’s software upgrade across its entire set top box device base.
News categories: YouView, Richard Halton, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, UK
DTG releases D-Book 10 DTT specification for the UK
Nov 3, 2017 – The DTG’s D-Book 10 is the industry determined, next generation, universally deployed specification which supports future interactive services and enables the continuing transition towards HbbTV.
News categories: DTG, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Peter Seller, Dr. Klaus Illgner, Laurie Patten, Guy North, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5