Digital TV News: ZEE5
GCC video industry revenue to reach US$2 billion by 2025
Dec 7, 2020 – Media Partners Asia has published its first report on the Middle East region. The report provides analysis of the current state and future outlook for telecoms, online video and pay-TV industries across the GCC countries.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Aravind Venugopal, Bahrain, COVID-19, Digital TV, Kuwait, Market Research, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE
XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
Nov 30, 2020 – ZEE5 has announced that it has on-boarded XroadMedia’s back-end solution, Ncanto, to support multiple content discovery, recommendation and personalization use-cases for its VOD and social media users.
News categories: XroadMedia, ZEE5, Adolf Proidl, Rajneel Kumar, Big Data, Digital TV, India, OTT, Worldwide
Cloud TV OS launched for Smart TVs in India
Sep 9, 2020 – Indian start-up Cloud TV has introduced an OS solution for Smart TVs. Designed to facilitate control over UI/UX development, Cloud TV OS offers customization possibilities for Android-based televisions.
News categories: Cloud TV OS, Jagdish Rajpurohit, Android TV, Digital TV, India, Smart TV, UX
Accedo powers UI on Tata Sky Binge+ set-top box
Sep 8, 2020 – Accedo has worked with Tata Sky to develop the user interface for the Tata Sky Binge+ smart set-top box. The Android TV device delivers content from linear TV and a host of OTT apps to the television screen.
News categories: Accedo, Tata Sky, Android TV, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Tata Sky adds ZEE5 to its Binge+ Android STB offer
Jul 9, 2020 – Tata Sky has extended its partnership with ZEE5 to include its Android-enabled smart set-top box which delivers content from live linear television and a host of OTT apps onto the TV.
News categories: Tata Sky, ZEE5, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box
Top 5 metros account for more than half of OTT subscribers in India
Jun 18, 2020 – According to Counterpoint Research, the Top 5 metro cities account for 55% of OTT video platform users, while Tier I cities account for another 36% of users in India. Hotstar leads the Indian OTT video content market.
News categories: Counterpoint, Hanish Bhatia, Digital TV, India, Market Research, OTT
Daiwa partners with dbx-tv for sound in 4K TVs
Jun 5, 2020 – Daiwa has launched two Smart TVs in India - its Daiwa D43QUHS (109cm) 4K UHD and D43QFS (109cm) FHD LED televisions. Daiwa also announced a partnership with dbx-tv sound technology for all its 4K TVs.
News categories: Daiwa, dbx-tv, Arjun Bajaaj, Les Tyler, Digital TV, India, Smart TV
Dish TV India offers VOD content with MX Player app
Apr 27, 2020 – Dish TV India has announced that it has partnered with MX Player to offer video-on-demand content to its customers. DishTV and d2h users can access MX Player’s content through their Android Set-top-Boxes.
News categories: MX Player, Dish TV India, Abhishek Joshi, Anil Dua, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box
Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
Oct 11, 2019 – Dish TV India has launched an Android-based HD Set Top Box and a Voice enabled Alexa Built-in smart kit. The smart kit dongle allows subscribers to access OTT Apps and Alexa skills on their existing set top boxes.
News categories: Dish TV India, Anil Dua, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- LTN Global launches universal signaling for linear addressable TV advertising
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020
- Freeview Australia launches integrated HbbTV platform
- ACCESS licenses Ligada iSuite for NetFront Browser BE HbbTV testing
- PubMatic to integrate Samba TV data for CTV audience targeting
- Chinese suppliers take top three positions in TV panel shipments
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Finecast extends TV reach with new UK ad inventory partners
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV