Digital TV News: ZEE5
GCC video industry revenue to reach US$2 billion by 2025
Dec 7, 2020 – Media Partners Asia has published its first report on the Middle East region. The report provides analysis of the current state and future outlook for telecoms, online video and pay-TV industries across the GCC countries.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Aravind Venugopal, Bahrain, COVID-19, Digital TV, Kuwait, Market Research, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE
XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
Nov 30, 2020 – ZEE5 has announced that it has on-boarded XroadMedia’s back-end solution, Ncanto, to support multiple content discovery, recommendation and personalization use-cases for its VOD and social media users.
News categories: XroadMedia, ZEE5, Adolf Proidl, Rajneel Kumar, Big Data, Digital TV, India, OTT, Worldwide
Cloud TV OS launched for Smart TVs in India
Sep 9, 2020 – Indian start-up Cloud TV has introduced an OS solution for Smart TVs. Designed to facilitate control over UI/UX development, Cloud TV OS offers customization possibilities for Android-based televisions.
News categories: Cloud TV OS, Jagdish Rajpurohit, Android TV, Digital TV, India, Smart TV, UX
Accedo powers UI on Tata Sky Binge+ set-top box
Sep 8, 2020 – Accedo has worked with Tata Sky to develop the user interface for the Tata Sky Binge+ smart set-top box. The Android TV device delivers content from linear TV and a host of OTT apps to the television screen.
News categories: Accedo, Tata Sky, Android TV, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Tata Sky adds ZEE5 to its Binge+ Android STB offer
Jul 9, 2020 – Tata Sky has extended its partnership with ZEE5 to include its Android-enabled smart set-top box which delivers content from live linear television and a host of OTT apps onto the TV.
News categories: Tata Sky, ZEE5, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box
Top 5 metros account for more than half of OTT subscribers in India
Jun 18, 2020 – According to Counterpoint Research, the Top 5 metro cities account for 55% of OTT video platform users, while Tier I cities account for another 36% of users in India. Hotstar leads the Indian OTT video content market.
News categories: Counterpoint, Hanish Bhatia, Digital TV, India, Market Research, OTT
Daiwa partners with dbx-tv for sound in 4K TVs
Jun 5, 2020 – Daiwa has launched two Smart TVs in India - its Daiwa D43QUHS (109cm) 4K UHD and D43QFS (109cm) FHD LED televisions. Daiwa also announced a partnership with dbx-tv sound technology for all its 4K TVs.
News categories: Daiwa, dbx-tv, Arjun Bajaaj, Les Tyler, Digital TV, India, Smart TV
Dish TV India offers VOD content with MX Player app
Apr 27, 2020 – Dish TV India has announced that it has partnered with MX Player to offer video-on-demand content to its customers. DishTV and d2h users can access MX Player’s content through their Android Set-top-Boxes.
News categories: MX Player, Dish TV India, Abhishek Joshi, Anil Dua, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box
Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
Oct 11, 2019 – Dish TV India has launched an Android-based HD Set Top Box and a Voice enabled Alexa Built-in smart kit. The smart kit dongle allows subscribers to access OTT Apps and Alexa skills on their existing set top boxes.
News categories: Dish TV India, Anil Dua, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand