Digital TV News: ZEE5
Dish TV India launches one-stop OTT entertainment platform
Oct 31, 2022 – Dish TV's Watcho offers packages of the most popular OTT platforms - Disney+ Hotstar, Zee5, Sony LIV, Lionsgate Play, Hungama Play, HoiChoi, Klikk, EpicOn, Chaupal, and Oho Gujarati - via a single login and subscription model.
News categories: Watcho, Dish TV India, Sukhpreet Singh, Anil Dua, Digital TV, India, Streaming
Competition Commission of India approves Zee-SonyLIV merger, with conditions
Oct 4, 2022 – The Competition Commission of India has approved the amalgamation of Zee Entertainment and Bangla Entertainment with Culver Max Entertainment (provider of the SonyLIV service), with conditions.
News categories: Competition Commission of Indi, Zee Entertainment, SonyLIV, Digital TV, India, MandA, Streaming
ACT Fibernet launches OTT aggregation platform, YuppTV Scope
Aug 25, 2022 – ACT Fibernet has launched an OTT aggregation service with YuppTV. YuppTV Scope is a single-subscription OTT streaming platform with an extensive bouquet of live TV channels, that removes the need to access and manage multiple apps.
News categories: YuppTV, ACT Fibernet, Uday Reddy, Ravi Karthik, Digital TV, India, Streaming
ZEE5 harnesses customer data insights with CSG
Sep 14, 2021 – CSG (NASDAQ: CSGS) has announced that, using CSG's platform, ZEE5 has integrated its customer data into a single, unified platform that enables a data-driven approach to creating personalized customer experiences.
News categories: CSG, ZEE5, Ian Watterson, Big Data, Digital TV, India, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Tata Sky Binge delivers streaming app aggregation with ThinkAnalytics
Jul 29, 2021 – ThinkAnalytics has announced that its Think360 cloud-based personalized content discovery and viewer engagement platform is now live on Tata Sky's Binge Fire TV Stick service and Binge mobile app.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Tata Sky, Peter Docherty, Pallavi Puri, Apps, Big Data, Digital TV, India, Streaming, UX
ZEE5 to launch in the U.S. on June 22
Jun 10, 2021 – ZEE5 is to launch in the United States on June 22. The platform is currently under beta testing in the market. The U.S. is the final and largest launch for ZEE5, in a market with a ready 5.4 million diaspora audience.
News categories: ZEE5, Amit Goenka, Archana Anand, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
India sees huge headroom for growth in TV and digital
May 5, 2021 – At the Asia Video Industry Association's (AVIA) Future of Video India conference, industry leaders remained upbeat on the potential for growth despite a painful 2020 which had seen a 25% drop in TV advertising revenue.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Media Partners Asia, Mihir Shah, Sunil Rayan, Megha Tata, Monika Shergill, Nimisha Pandey, Digital TV, India, Market Research
GCC video industry revenue to reach US$2 billion by 2025
Dec 7, 2020 – Media Partners Asia has published its first report on the Middle East region. The report provides analysis of the current state and future outlook for telecoms, online video and pay-TV industries across the GCC countries.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Aravind Venugopal, Bahrain, COVID-19, Digital TV, Kuwait, Market Research, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE
XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
Nov 30, 2020 – ZEE5 has announced that it has on-boarded XroadMedia’s back-end solution, Ncanto, to support multiple content discovery, recommendation and personalization use-cases for its VOD and social media users.
News categories: XroadMedia, ZEE5, Adolf Proidl, Rajneel Kumar, Big Data, Digital TV, India, Streaming, Worldwide
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange