Digital TV News: primacom
Tele Columbus and M7 extend pay TV cooperation
May 30, 2017 – Tele Columbus and M7 Group have extended their cooperation for the contribution of German and international pay TV channels. As part of this cooperation Tele Columbus and M7 also consolidated the existing contracts with the Tele Columbus subsidiaries primacom and pepcom.
News categories: Tele Columbus, M7 Group, Frank Posnanski, Martijn van Hout, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany
EU cable TV continues to grow despite OTT competition
Dec 19, 2016 – The cable industry in the European Union has continued to grow amidst increasing competition from traditional and Over-The-Top (OTT) players, according to a report released by IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Maria Rua Aguete, Cable TV, Digital TV, EU, Market Research
Tele Columbus selects Espial for next generation IP video platform
Sep 8, 2015 – Espial has announced that Tele Columbus has licensed Espial's G4 STB Client and MSP solutions, as well as selected Espial to integrate their next generation IP video platform, with a first launch expected towards the end of this year.
News categories: Espial, Tele Columbus, Jaison Dolvane, Ronny Verhelst, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, RDK, Set Top Box
Germany's primacom selects Conax revenue security for cable TV
Dec 9, 2014 – Conax (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it is providing primacom with content revenue protection for its cable and pay-TV network. primacom has deployed Conax' Contego unified security back-end to deliver service protection for its operations across Germany.
News categories: Conax, primacom, Thomas Blichfeldt, Ludwig Modra, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany
NEOTION delivers CONAX-embedded CI Plus CA Modules to PRIMACOM
Sep 8, 2011 – NEOTION has been officially selected by PRIMACOM to deliver CI Plus Conditional Access CONAX Modules. The new NEOTION CI Plus Plug-n-Play CAM's enables IDTVs and STBs to decode PRIMACOM programs scrambled with CONAX Chipset Pairing Conditional Access.
News categories: NEOTION, CONAX, PRIMACOM, Cable TV, CAM, Content Protection, Germany, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Smart TV
PrimaCom releases 1st Half 2009 Interim Report
Aug 31, 2009 – PrimaCom (Frankfurt:PRC) has reported results for the period January to June 2009. The average number of digital TV subscribers in the first half of 2009 was 46,302 compared with 13,401 in the first half of 2008.
News categories: PrimaCom, Cable TV, Germany, Results, Subscribers
Tele Columbus and PrimaCom Select NDS XTV™ For Cable HD DVR Service
May 28, 2009 – NDS has announced that the two largest independent German cable operators, Tele Columbus and PrimaCom, have selected NDS' secure, integrated DVR solution XTV™ to launch Germany's first cable high definition (HD) DVR service across their networks.
News categories: NDS Group, Tele Columbus, PrimaCom, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Germany, Middleware
Tele Columbus and PrimaCom Choose NDS MediaHighway®
Feb 25, 2009 – NDS has announced that Tele Columbus and PrimaCom have selected NDS' advanced MediaHighway® middleware solution to power their pay-TV business, further reinforcing MediaHighway's leadership in the German pay-TV industry.
News categories: NDS Group, Tele Columbus, PrimaCom, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Germany, Middleware, Set Top Box
Primacom Quarterly report for Six Months Ended June 30, 2008
Aug 28, 2008 – The digital TV revenues of Primacom AG (Frankfurt:PRC) increased by 149.1%, from €0.2m in the first six months of 2007 to €0.5m in the first six months of 2008. Customer numbers increased from 4,244 on June 30, 2007 to 16,005 on June 30, 2008.
News categories: Primacom, Cable TV, Germany, Results, Subscribers
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December