Digital TV News: 605
Pay TV subscriptions in Costa Rica grew 9% in 2015
May 31, 2016 – Costa Rica’s Superintendency of Telecommunications (SUTEL) has released a report on the country’s telecommunications market for the period 2011 to 2015. Costa Rica ended 2015 with 797,230 pay TV subscribers, up 64,684 (9%) versus the end of 2014.
News categories: SUTEL, Cable TV, Costa Rica, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, MMDS, Satellite, Subscribers
Cablevision adds Hulu to Optimum TV STBs
Apr 7, 2016 – Cablevision (NYSE: CVC) has announced the integration of Hulu into the Optimum TV experience, enabling customers to access the online streaming TV service directly from the Optimum TV interactive program guide on all current-generation set top boxes.
News categories: Cablevision, Hulu, ActiveVideo, Tom Montemagno, Tim Connolly, Jeff Miller, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Canal+ international subscriptions compensate losses in France
Nov 10, 2015 – Vivendi has released financial statements for the first nine months of 2015. Canal+ Group had a total of 15.4 million subscriptions, a year-on-year increase of 619,000. Canal+ Group’s pay-TV activities in France are confronted with a particularly difficult economic and competitive environment.
News categories: Vivendi, France, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Worldwide
Venezuela adds 170,000 pay TV subscribers in 2Q 2014
Aug 13, 2014 – According to preliminary statistics published by its Comisión Nacional de Telecomunicaciones (CONATEL), pay TV subscriptions in Venezuela at the end of June 2014 were 4.53 million, up 170,456 in the quarter.
News categories: CONATEL, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Venezuela
Pay TV penetration in Venezuela approaches 60%
Jun 9, 2014 – According to preliminary statistics published by CONATEL, pay TV subscriptions in Venezuela at the end of March 2014 were 4.36 million, up from 3.61 million at the end of the first quarter of 2013, and up 135,000 versus the end of 2013.
News categories: CONATEL, Digital TV, Market Research, Subscribers, Venezuela
Com Hem digital TV subscribers down 1,300 in 1Q 2014
May 2, 2014 – Com Hem has announced its results for the first quarter of 2014. Digital telvision subscribers were down 1,300 in the quarter to finish at 595,200. Com Hem added 36,000 TiVo subscriptions during the period.
News categories: Com Hem, Cable TV, Results, Subscribers, Sweden
Com Hem subscribers down 2,700 in 3Q 2013
Nov 28, 2013 – Com Hem has reported results for the third quarter of 2013. During the quarter the number of digital television subscriptions decreased by 2,700 (-0.4 percent) to 603,000 subscriptions, a decrease of 9,700 since the end of the third quarter of 2012.
News categories: Com Hem, Cable TV, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Sweden
Major US multichannel video providers lost over 50,000 subscribers in Q3 2012
Nov 13, 2012 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the thirteen largest multi-channel video providers in the US -- representing about 94% of the market -- lost about 53,500 net additional video subscribers in Q3 2012.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Shaw Direct Launches Set-Top Video on Demand Service
Jun 20, 2012 – Shaw Direct (TSX:SJR.B) (NYSE:SJR) is the first direct-to-home provider in Canada to use adaptive streaming technology to deliver On Demand content directly to set-top boxes.
News categories: Shaw Communications, Canada, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Virtual Assistant shipments to exceed 2.3 billion in 2023
- CEVA acquires Hillcrest Labs
- Global semiconductor revenue forecast to decline 9.6% in 2019
- iflix secures new round of funding
- Malaysia runs analogue switchover pilot in Langkawi
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- India: 79% of the smartphone users using OTT apps for entertainment
- Peach advertising delivery platform launched
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- Altice France unveils SFR Box 8
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Vodafone Portugal enhances the TV user experience
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita