Digital TV News: 605
Charter video customers down 47,000 in 3Q 2016
Nov 3, 2016 – Charter Communications has reported results for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2016. Residential video customers decreased by 47,000 in the third quarter of 2016, versus a decrease of 20,000 in the year-ago period.
News categories: Charter Communications, Cable TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Pay TV subscriptions in Costa Rica grew 9% in 2015
May 31, 2016 – Costa Rica’s Superintendency of Telecommunications (SUTEL) has released a report on the country’s telecommunications market for the period 2011 to 2015. Costa Rica ended 2015 with 797,230 pay TV subscribers, up 64,684 (9%) versus the end of 2014.
News categories: SUTEL, Cable TV, Costa Rica, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, MMDS, Satellite, Subscribers
Cablevision adds Hulu to Optimum TV STBs
Apr 7, 2016 – Cablevision (NYSE: CVC) has announced the integration of Hulu into the Optimum TV experience, enabling customers to access the online streaming TV service directly from the Optimum TV interactive program guide on all current-generation set top boxes.
News categories: Cablevision, Hulu, ActiveVideo, Tom Montemagno, Tim Connolly, Jeff Miller, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Canal+ international subscriptions compensate losses in France
Nov 10, 2015 – Vivendi has released financial statements for the first nine months of 2015. Canal+ Group had a total of 15.4 million subscriptions, a year-on-year increase of 619,000. Canal+ Group’s pay-TV activities in France are confronted with a particularly difficult economic and competitive environment.
News categories: Vivendi, France, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Worldwide
Venezuela adds 170,000 pay TV subscribers in 2Q 2014
Aug 13, 2014 – According to preliminary statistics published by its Comisión Nacional de Telecomunicaciones (CONATEL), pay TV subscriptions in Venezuela at the end of June 2014 were 4.53 million, up 170,456 in the quarter.
News categories: CONATEL, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Venezuela
Pay TV penetration in Venezuela approaches 60%
Jun 9, 2014 – According to preliminary statistics published by CONATEL, pay TV subscriptions in Venezuela at the end of March 2014 were 4.36 million, up from 3.61 million at the end of the first quarter of 2013, and up 135,000 versus the end of 2013.
News categories: CONATEL, Digital TV, Market Research, Subscribers, Venezuela
Com Hem digital TV subscribers down 1,300 in 1Q 2014
May 2, 2014 – Com Hem has announced its results for the first quarter of 2014. Digital telvision subscribers were down 1,300 in the quarter to finish at 595,200. Com Hem added 36,000 TiVo subscriptions during the period.
News categories: Com Hem, Cable TV, Results, Subscribers, Sweden
Com Hem subscribers down 2,700 in 3Q 2013
Nov 28, 2013 – Com Hem has reported results for the third quarter of 2013. During the quarter the number of digital television subscriptions decreased by 2,700 (-0.4 percent) to 603,000 subscriptions, a decrease of 9,700 since the end of the third quarter of 2012.
News categories: Com Hem, Cable TV, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Sweden
Major US multichannel video providers lost over 50,000 subscribers in Q3 2012
Nov 13, 2012 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the thirteen largest multi-channel video providers in the US -- representing about 94% of the market -- lost about 53,500 net additional video subscribers in Q3 2012.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform