Digital TV News: Cable Europe
Defying Cord Cutting Craze, European Union Cable Market Expands in 2010
Sep 7, 2011 – The European cable market continued to expand in 2010, with revenue throughout the EU rising by nearly 8% for the year on the strength of double-digit growth in digital TV, broadband and telephony subscribers, according to Screen Digest (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: Screen Digest, Cable TV, Digital TV, EU, Market Research, Subscribers
Strong Cable Digital TV & Broadband Growth In Europe
Feb 15, 2011 – Latest figures released by Cable Europe show that the European cable industry's ongoing investments in next generation internet access and digital television keeps paying off.
News categories: Cable Europe, Broadband, Cable TV, Europe, Market Research, Subscribers
Latest Figures Show Digital Cable Growth in Europe
Mar 3, 2010 – New industry figures announced at Cable Congress 2010 in Brussels reveal a 21% growth in European digital cable television subscribers to 21.5 million, representing 35% of all cable TV customers.
News categories: Cable Europe, Cable Congress, Manuel Kohnstamm, Caroline Van Weede, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
Cable Europe Labs Launches EU-wide Middleware Initiative
Dec 21, 2009 – Cable Europe Labs has announced the launch of its European Middleware Initiative, a project aimed at developing a next generation middleware specification for the European cable market.
News categories: Cable Europe, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, EU, Middleware, OTT
STMicroelectronics Achieves EuroDOCSIS 2.0 Certification for HD Set-Top Box Reference Design
Dec 17, 2009 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has achieved EuroDOCSIS 2.0 certification for its production-ready reference design for feature-rich cable set-top boxes (STBs) using the company's STi7141 system-on-chip.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Cable TV, DOCSIS, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
European cable TV bucks recessionary trends
Jul 27, 2009 – Research from Screen Digest, in collaboration with Cable Europe, reveals that Europe's cable industry showed strong performance in 2008, experiencing an increase in total revenues of 5.4 percent, considering the challenging economic climate.
News categories: Screen Digest, Broadband, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Europe, Germany, Market Research, Netherlands, Subscribers, UK
Cable Industry Revenues Reach €18 billion
Mar 18, 2009 – Revenues in the European cable industry jumped more than 7 per cent last year to €18bn amid sharply increased demand for digital television, internet broadband and telephony services according to figures presented at the annual Cable Congress.
News categories: Cable Europe, Cable Congress, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
Europe - Cable Industry Delivers 18% growth in Digital TV in the first half of 2008
Oct 14, 2008 – Customer subscriptions for digital cable TV jumped 18 per cent to 16.3m across Europe in the first half of this year, as subscribers migrate to enhanced services.
News categories: Cable Europe, Screen Digest, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, France, Germany, Market Research, Netherlands, Spain, Subscribers, UK
European cable industry sees rapid growth in digital TV, telephony and broadband internet
Apr 23, 2008 – Details of 2007 industry revenues and customer volumes were announced at the annual Cable Congress. The number of Digital cable TV customers has more than doubled in the past two years to 13.9m (+40% in 2007 compared to 9.9m in 2006).
News categories: Cable Europe, Austria, Belgium, Broadband, Bulgaria, Cable TV, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Estonia, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Market Research, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden, UK
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Melita grows TV subscriber base to more than 100,000
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan