Digital TV News: In-Stat
Silicon Image Announces Video Processors for Home Theater Applications
Oct 1, 2012 – Silicon Image (NASDAQ: SIMG) has announced two upscaling video processors, designed to also enhance the picture quality of streaming or downloaded Internet video.
News categories: Silicon Image, Blu-ray, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor
100 Million Households Will Be Using Hybrid Services by 2016
Mar 20, 2012 – New NPD In-Stat research forecasts that 100 million households will actively use a hybrid service delivered to their TV set by 2016 and Europe's Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) service will begin to gain dominance by late 2013.
News categories: In-Stat, Apps, Digital TV, HbbTV, Market Research, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
Broadcom Announces 40nm EZ-HD Digital Transport Adapter Solution
Mar 12, 2012 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced its 40nm EZ-HD DTA cable system-on-a-chip. The BCM7574 is helping to accelerate the HDTV transition of the remaining 45 million analogue TVs in North America that are currently connected to a cable TV service.
News categories: Broadcom, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
Smart CE Device Unit Shipments to Surpass 92 Million in 2016
Feb 29, 2012 – The advent of 'smart CE devices' is having a profound effect on the digital multimedia home. New NPD In-Stat research forecasts that smart CE device unit shipments will surpass 92 million in 2016.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVR, Games Console, Market Research, Optical Disc Recorder, Set Top Box
Installed Base of Connected Devices to Reach 1.34 Billion in 2016
Jan 25, 2012 – Driven primarily by the success of digital TVs, satellite STBs, video game consoles, and Blu-ray disc players and recorders, In-Stat forecasts that the connected device installed base will grow from 256.8 million units in 2011 to 1.34 billion units in 2016.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, Optical Disc Recorder, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
100 Million Hybrid STBs to Ship in 2015
Jan 24, 2012 – As television services begin employing applications that are internet-connected, In-Stat sees hybrid set top boxes emerging as a key growth driver for the global set top box industry, with 100 million hybrid STBs shipping in 2015.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box
Wi-Fi Home Video Devices to Approach 600 Million Units Shipped in 2015
Jan 18, 2012 – Increasingly, home video entertainment devices are coming to the market Wi-Fi-connected. In-Stat research shows that the evolution of the home network will drive the number of in-home video WLAN-enabled video devices to approach 600 million in 2015.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Games Console, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
IEEE 1905.1 industry standard moves to product design stage
Jan 9, 2012 – The IEEE 1905.1 Working Group has approved its Hybrid Networking (P1905.1) draft standard. The industry standard combines the mobility of wireless with the performance of wires to enable the next-generation networked home.
News categories: Powerline Alliance, IEEE 1905.1, Blu-ray, Games Console, Gateway, Home Server, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Broadcom Launches Over-the-Top Media Player ICs at CES
Jan 4, 2012 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced a full range of platform solutions for Hybrid TV and Over-the-Top (OTT) Media Players capable of transforming existing digital TVs into smart TVs.
News categories: Broadcom, CES2020, Digital TV, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service