Digital TV News: Intelsat
Intelsat reports Intelsat 29e satellite failure
Apr 18, 2019 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that the previously disclosed anomaly has resulted in the total loss of Intelsat 29e. A failure review board has been convened with the satellite’s manufacturer, Boeing, to complete a comprehensive analysis of the cause.
News categories: Intelsat, Content Distribution, Latin America, North America, Satellite
Eutelsat partners with Intelsat and SES in U.S. C-band spectrum proposal
Jul 12, 2018 – Intelsat (NYSE: I), SES (Paris: SESG) and Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) have announced that they are aligned on a market-based proposal for the future use of the lower C-band spectrum in the U.S. Eutelsat has agreed to join a proposal initiated by Intelsat, Intel and SES.
News categories: Eutelsat, Intelsat, SES S.A, Rodolphe Belmer, Stephen Spengler, Steve Collar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
Intelsat and Globo to demonstrate 8K during the World Cup
Jun 15, 2018 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) will partner with Globo to demonstrate live 8K video transmissions in Brazil for the 2018 World Cup. From June 15 to July 15, content will be broadcast as part of an exhibition at the Museu de Amanhã, Rio's science museum.
News categories: Intelsat, NTT, Globo, Rob Cerbone, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Intelsat debuts MCPC platform for Central and Eastern Europe
Apr 9, 2018 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that it has launched a Ku-band Multi-Channel Per Carrier (MCPC) media platform for Central and Eastern Europe. Programmers will be able to contribute SD or HD content from anywhere around the world.
News categories: Intelsat, Encompass Digital Media, Rob Cerbone, Marc Bruce, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, NABShow, Satellite
TV Plus DTH renews contract to use Intelsat 19
Nov 19, 2017 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has confirmed a multi-year satellite services agreement with TV Plus. Under the renewal agreement, TV Plus will use Ku-band satellite services on Intelsat 19 to deliver content to viewers in Australia and New Zealand.
News categories: Intelsat, TV Plus, Terry Bleakley, John Jeremic, Australia, Content Distribution, New Zealand, Satellite
Ariane 5 orbits Intelsat 37e and BSAT-4a satellites
Sep 29, 2017 – Arianespace has orbited telecommunications satellites for its long-time customers. The mission carried Intelsat 37e for Intelsat, along with BSAT-4a which was launched as part of a turnkey contract between Japan’s B-SAT and SSL.
News categories: Arianespace, Intelsat, B-SAT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite
Intelsat 35e launches successfully
Jul 6, 2017 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced the successful launch of the Intelsat 35e satellite, the fourth of the Intelsat EpicNG high throughput satellites. Intelsat 35e includes a payload for the DTH services of Canal+ in the Caribbean.
News categories: Intelsat, Stephen Spengler, Caribbean, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Dalkom Somalia takes broadband and DTH capacity from Intelsat
Jun 9, 2017 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that it has signed an agreement with Dalkom Somalia to expand Dalkom's broadband enterprise and direct-to-home (DTH) services in East and Central Africa and the Middle East.
News categories: Intelsat, Dalkom Somalia, Brian Jakins, Mohamed Jama, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite, Somalia
Vivacom to deliver DTT in Bulgaria via Intelsat 33e
Mar 21, 2017 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that telecom provider Vivacom, the leading telecommunication service provider in Bulgaria, will use the Intelsat 33e satellite to distribute digital terrestrial television (DTT) services throughout the country.
News categories: Intelsat, Vivacom, Rhys Morgan, Vladimir Rangelov, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Terrestrial
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs