Digital TV News: MediaFLO
Cellular Mobile TV a 'Niche', but Still Drives Billions in Revenue
Sep 9, 2010 – It has been a rough few years for subscription mobile TV deployments, as a number of plans never came to fruition and several of those that were launched have been shut down. However, In-Stat sees a recovery in 2010, particularly in Asia/Pacific.
News categories: In-Stat, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Smart TV
Japan favours ISDB-Tmm over MediaFLO for mobile TV
Sep 8, 2010 – A government advisory panel in Japan has selected NTT DoCoMo (Tokyo:9437) who proposed the use of ISDB-Tmm, over KDDI (Tokyo: 9433) whose system is based on MediaFLO, to provide a mobile TV service for the country starting in 2012.
News categories: NTT DoCoMo, KDDI, Digital TV, Japan, Mobile, Regulation, Smart TV
Dedicated Mobile TV Networks Face Uncertain Future
Aug 3, 2010 – A Juniper Research study has found that disappointing adoption levels of mobile TV services, allied to competition from streamed mobile services and mobile reception of free-to-air terrestrial TV, has lead to growing disillusionment within the industry.
News categories: Juniper Research, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Smart TV
Broadcast Mobile TV Captures Subscriber Counts, while 3G Mobile TV Drives the Revenue
Jul 19, 2010 – New research from In-Stat identifies that the largest number of mobile TV viewers will come from digital broadcast. However, while cellular mobile TV subscribers will be lower, they will generate the lion's share of revenue.
News categories: In-Stat, Market Research, Mobile
Qualcomm and FarEasTone to Explore Creation of a MediaFLO service in Taiwan
Jul 7, 2010 – Qualcomm (Nasdaq: QCOM) has announced that it has signed a non-binding MOU with FAR EASTONE to explore the creation of a broadcast mobile media operator using MediaFLO technology in Taiwan.
News categories: Qualcomm, FarEasTone, Digital TV, Mobile, Smart TV, Taiwan
KDDI establishes new company, MediaFLO Broadcast Planning Inc.
Jun 3, 2010 – KDDI (Tokyo:9433) has established a new company, MediaFLO Broadcast Planning Incorporated with the aim of expanding into contracted multimedia broadcasting services for mobile terminals using MediaFLO™ (NASDAQ: QCOM) technology.
News categories: KDDI, Digital TV, Japan, Mobile, Smart TV
Kudelski Group delivers strong second half 2009 results
Feb 26, 2010 – The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.VX) has announced its 2009 annual results. Digital TV sales in the second half were particularly strong growing by 27.3% compared to the first half.
News categories: Kudelski, Brazil, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, DRM, Finland, IPTV, Middleware, MnA, Mobile, Results, Satellite, USA
Global Mobile Satellite Television Market to Reach $11 Billion by 2015
Feb 22, 2010 – GIA has announced the release of a global report on the Mobile Satellite Television market which is projected to reach $11 billion by 2015, driven by the growing consumer demand for video content on an anytime, anywhere basis.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Satellite
Nagravision Demonstrates Streaming Mobile TV & VOD Content Protection at Mobile World Congress
Feb 15, 2010 – Nagravision (SIX:KUD.VX) is demonstrating innovative Mobile TV solutions dedicated to the secured streaming of Mobile TV, Catch-up TV and VOD over 3G/4G and Wi-Fi networks at the Mobile World Congress.
News categories: Nagravision, 5G, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Mobile, MWC20, Smart TV
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria