Digital TV News: Microsoft
Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
Sep 19, 2019 – Eros Now is to build an online video platform on Microsoft Azure targeted at its consumers across the globe. Eros’ work with Microsoft will help transform how it delivers streaming services and reimagine the offerings it can provide.
News categories: Eros International, Microsoft, Rishika Lulla Singh, Peggy Johnson, Anant Maheshwari, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, OTT, UX, Worldwide
Xandr introduces selling platform for premium TV and digital media companies
Sep 5, 2019 – Xandr has announced the launch of Xandr Monetize. The platform offers content owners improved monetization, through better inventory management, data-driven yield optimization, and differentiated buyer demand.
News categories: Xandr, Ryan Christensen, Carsten Schwecke, Amit Chaturvedi, Kya Sainsbury-Carter, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Verimatrix integrates multi-DRM with the AWS SPEKE API
Aug 29, 2019 – Verimatrix (Paris:VMX) has announced interoperability between the Verimatrix Multi-DRM solution and the SPEKE API developed by AWS. Support for SPEKE eliminates the need for integrations between proprietary DRM APIs and encryptors from different vendors.
News categories: Verimatrix, Amazon Web Services, Nikolai Keychenko, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2019, Worldwide
New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
Aug 19, 2019 – The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment has confirmed that Disney+ will launch in Canada and the Netherlands, in tandem with the U.S., on November 12 and in Australia and New Zealand on November 19.
News categories: Disney+, Australia, Canada, Digital TV, Netherlands, New Zealand, OTT, USA
Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
Aug 12, 2019 – Most of the more than 100 million smart speakers and video streaming devices installed in America’s homes are quite energy efficient, the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) has said in the first independent report on their electricity use.
News categories: NRDC, Noah Horowitz, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
All Media Baltics chooses Atende Software OTT platform
Jul 22, 2019 – All Media Baltics and Atende Software have partnered to launch OTT services in Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia. Atende Software will implement its redGalaxy OTT platforms delivering an OTT backend along with branded end-user applications.
News categories: Atende Software, All Media Baltics, Przemysław Frasunek, Jan Wykrytowicz, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, OTT
Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
Jul 16, 2019 – Research from Strategy Analytics shows that 45 million PCs and tablets globally will incorporate 5G connectivity by 2023, offering mobile operators a fresh opportunity to sell the advantages and new use cases of high-speed cellular connectivity.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Eric Smith, David Mercer, 5G, Market Research, Tablet, Worldwide
Roku stretches lead as #1 streaming TV platform in US
Jun 26, 2019 – Roku's platform accounted for more than 30% of U.S. sales of connected TV devices in Q1 2019, further increasing its lead in streaming TV platforms according to Strategy Analytics. The company's research finds that there are now more than 41 million Roku-based devices in use in the U.S.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, David Mercer, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
May 16, 2019 – Sony and Microsoft have announced that Sony will use Microsoft Azure datacenter solutions for its game and content streaming services, and that the two companies will explore joint development of cloud solutions for the future.
News categories: Microsoft, Sony Corp, Satya Nadell, Kenichiro Yoshida, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Worldwide
- Pay TV subscriptions exceed 1 billion
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box