Digital TV News: NCTA
NET Serviços selects Humax HD cable STBs and residential gateway
Apr 29, 2014 – Humax has announced that it has been selected by NET Serviços as the lead set-top box manufacturer for two HD, MoCA 2.0-enabled, two-way interactive cable STBs, plus a Residential Gateway, featuring DOCSIS 3.0, eMTA, and 802.11ac WiFi.
News categories: Humax, NET Serviços, Demerval Martins, Albert Son, Charles Hong, Brazil, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Gateway, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Liberty Puerto Rico offers ActiveVideo Cloud UI
Apr 24, 2014 – Liberty Puerto Rico and ActiveVideo have announced the launch of a cloud-based personalized user interface that uses real-time viewing metrics to display program popularity.
News categories: ActiveVideo, Liberty Puerto Rico, Naji Khoury, Waldo Hooker, Jeff Miller, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Puerto Rico, Set Top Box
Comcast Xfinity TV 4K app to launch on Samsung UHD TVs in 2014
Jan 6, 2014 – Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) has announced a partnership with Samsung to deliver 4K Ultra High-Definition (UHD) content to 2014 Samsung UHD TVs.
News categories: Comcast, Samsung, Matt Strauss, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
U.S. Energy Dept., Pay TV industry and energy efficiency groups announce STB energy conservation agreement
Dec 23, 2013 – The U.S. Energy Department, NRDC, ACEEE, ASAP, CEA and the NCTA have announced non-regulatory energy efficiency standards for pay-TV set-top boxes that will result in energy savings for more than 90 million U.S. homes.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, NCTA, Energy Department, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
Jun 11, 2013 – Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) has unveiled the next generation of its cloud-enabled X1 Platform from Xfinity. The new platform release, known as X2, will be available to customers later this year.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
TiVo rolling out to Mediacom customers
Jun 11, 2013 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and Mediacom have announced that Mediacom has begun rollout of its TiVo offering. Mediacom will deploy the TiVo Premiere Q 4-tuner gateway DVR, TiVo Mini IP set-top box client and companion applications for iOS and Android devices.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Mediacom, Cable TV, DVR, Gateway, Set Top Box
Broadcom introduces hybrid headless video gateway SoC
Jun 11, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced a new single chip solution for cable headless gateways that delivers the fastest Data over Cable Interface Standard (DOCSIS) data rates, whole-home connectivity and an all-IP video experience.
News categories: Broadcom, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
TiVo to power cable operators' mobile and second screen experience
Jun 10, 2013 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that its mobile app and second screen companion experience is now available for cable operators 'powered by TiVo.' Atlantic Broadband will be the first U.S. cable operator to offer the service to its subscribers.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Atlantic Broadband, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mobile, TV Everywhere, USA
Hillcrest Labs secures RDK license from Comcast
May 29, 2013 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that it is the first motion control technology provider to license the Reference Design Kit (RDK) software stack from Comcast. The RDK is a pre-integrated software bundle that creates a common framework for powering tru2way® devices.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Comcast, Cable TV, RDK, Set Top Box, USA
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020
- SpotX expands Measurement and Attribution Suite
- Nordic video markets riding high
- WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
- Tru Optik offers cross-device OTT measurement for free
- Bloomberg TV+ 4K UHD channel launches on Samsung TV Plus
- LG transfers TV manufacturing capacity to Indonesia
- Nordija delivers TV and media platform for Telenor Sweden
- Telestream integrates Ad-ID validation to ensure correct ad placement
- AT&T closes DIRECTV Latin America operations in Venezuela
- IFA 2020 to go-ahead as an invitation-only event in Berlin
- A1 Slovenia launches personalized TV with Zappware