Digital TV News: Okko
Bitmovin and Teleport Media upgrade streaming capabilities of Okko
Aug 27, 2020 – Bitmovin has partnered with Teleport Media to provide technology to Okko, one of the largest VOD services in Russia. Bitmovin and Teleport Media expertise and tools will allow Okko to upgrade its streaming services.
News categories: Bitmovin, Teleport Media, Okko, Chris Milne, Andrei Klimenko, Yana Bardintseva, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Russia
ZEASN unveils movie database and recommendation engine
Jun 12, 2020 – ZEASN has unveiled WhaleTime, a global movie database and recommendation engine. Users can browse content and WhaleTime will automatically show a menu to allow jumping to the corresponding streaming media platform.
News categories: ZEASN, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Russia, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Pay-TV revenue in Russia up by 14.2% in 2018 year-on-year
Oct 31, 2019 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has released a report written by J’son and Partners Consulting on pay-TV and cord cutting in Russia. At the end of 2018, 43.2 million viewers were subscribed to Pay TV services in Russia, 3.1% more than in 2017.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, J’son and Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
Russia to extend its SVOD lead in Eastern Europe
Nov 30, 2016 – Eastern Europe will have 18.19 million paying SVOD subscribers by 2021, up from 3.33 million at end-2015 and 5.58 million by end-2016 – almost sextupling between 2015 and 2021 – according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, Market Research, OTT, Poland, Romania, Russia, Subscribers, Ukraine
Okko and NetRange join forces in Smart TV
Aug 25, 2016 – NetRange has finalized a content deal with Okko, Russia’s leading paid Video on Demand service offering Hollywood and local content. Okko customers can stream HD movies, series, and cartoons legally and without advertising.
News categories: NetRange, Okko, Jan Wendt, Ivan Gorodetsky, Digital TV, OTT, Russia, Smart TV
Russia had over 2,300 TV channels at the end of 2015
Mar 21, 2016 – According to the European Audiovisual Observatory, pay-TV is the cornerstone of the Russian TV market: over 2/3 of Russian TV households subscribed to pay-TV in 2014 with digital segment and IPTV as the main future drivers.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory,, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
Okko dominates paid video-on-demand market in Russia
Oct 29, 2014 – The Smart TV home digital entertainment service Okko, formerly Play, dominated the paid sector of the video-on-demand market in Russia in the first half of 2014, according to market research on OTT-operators conducted by J'son & Partners Consulting.
News categories: Okko, J'son & Partners, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Russia
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025