Digital TV News: Okko
ZEASN unveils movie database and recommendation engine
Jun 12, 2020 – ZEASN has unveiled WhaleTime, a global movie database and recommendation engine. Users can browse content and WhaleTime will automatically show a menu to allow jumping to the corresponding streaming media platform.
News categories: ZEASN, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Russia, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Pay-TV revenue in Russia up by 14.2% in 2018 year-on-year
Oct 31, 2019 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has released a report written by J’son and Partners Consulting on pay-TV and cord cutting in Russia. At the end of 2018, 43.2 million viewers were subscribed to Pay TV services in Russia, 3.1% more than in 2017.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, J’son and Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
Russia to extend its SVOD lead in Eastern Europe
Nov 30, 2016 – Eastern Europe will have 18.19 million paying SVOD subscribers by 2021, up from 3.33 million at end-2015 and 5.58 million by end-2016 – almost sextupling between 2015 and 2021 – according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, Market Research, OTT, Poland, Romania, Russia, Subscribers, Ukraine
Okko and NetRange join forces in Smart TV
Aug 25, 2016 – NetRange has finalized a content deal with Okko, Russia’s leading paid Video on Demand service offering Hollywood and local content. Okko customers can stream HD movies, series, and cartoons legally and without advertising.
News categories: NetRange, Okko, Jan Wendt, Ivan Gorodetsky, Digital TV, OTT, Russia, Smart TV
Russia had over 2,300 TV channels at the end of 2015
Mar 21, 2016 – According to the European Audiovisual Observatory, pay-TV is the cornerstone of the Russian TV market: over 2/3 of Russian TV households subscribed to pay-TV in 2014 with digital segment and IPTV as the main future drivers.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory,, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
Okko dominates paid video-on-demand market in Russia
Oct 29, 2014 – The Smart TV home digital entertainment service Okko, formerly Play, dominated the paid sector of the video-on-demand market in Russia in the first half of 2014, according to market research on OTT-operators conducted by J'son & Partners Consulting.
News categories: Okko, J'son & Partners, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Russia
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
- Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
- Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
- Global TV panel shipments decline 8.4% YoY in 1H20
- Linear TV remains dominant form of television viewership in 2019
- ACCESS adds NetRange App Store to its in-vehicle infotainment offer
- iSpot provides attribution and OTT measurement for OpenAP ads
- Humax announces Android TV STB supporting AV1 and HDR10
- Kaltura to power CETIN's wholesale Cloud TV service for the CEE region