Digital TV News: T-Mobile
Mobile screens essential for Live TV services, finds Strategy Analytics
Apr 18, 2018 – The continual expansion of display real estate, faster data speeds, specialized data plans and improved video displays, presents a real opportunity for live TV streaming services like Sling TV to be marketed as mobile, according to Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Chris Dodge, Chris Schreiner, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, USA
Mobile Video Index: Facebook Video is poised to overtake YouTube
Feb 26, 2018 – Openwave Mobility has released the latest findings from its Mobile Video Index (MVI). The study found that while YouTube remains the most popular for mobile video, Facebook is rapidly closing the gap in some markets – and has even overtaken YouTube in others.
News categories: Openwave Mobility, Analysys Mason, Indranil Chatterjee, Gorkem Yigit, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
SeaChange monetizes Layer3 TV investment
Jan 29, 2018 – SeaChange International (NASDAQ:SEAC) has announced that, in conjunction with the acquisition of Layer3 TV by T-Mobile, it had monetized its ownership stake in Layer3 TV Inc.
News categories: SeaChange, Layer3 TV, Ed Terino, Digital TV, MnA, USA
T-Mobile closes Layer3 TV acquisition
Jan 23, 2018 – T-Mobile US (NASDAQ: TMUS) has announced the completion of its acquisition of Layer3 TV. The Layer3 TV team has joined T-Mobile and will drive the Un-carrier’s initiative to launch a disruptive new TV service in 2018.
News categories: T-Mobile, Layer3 TV, John Legere, Digital TV, MnA, Mobile, OTT, USA
T-Mobile Austria acquires UPC Austria
Dec 22, 2017 – T-Mobile Austria has announced the acquisition of UPC Austria, an indirect subsidiary of Liberty Global. The combined company will be an integrated provider of mobile and fixed line broadband internet, IoT, mobile and fixed line telephony as well as TV and entertainment products in Austria.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, T-Mobile Austria, UPC Austria, Srini Gopalan, Andreas Bierwirth, Austria, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA
T-Mobile Netherlands to acquire Tele2 NL
Dec 15, 2017 – Deutsche Telekom and Tele2 have announced that they have reached an agreement under which T-Mobile will acquire Tele2’s Dutch business. The enlarged company will continue to operate as T-Mobile Netherlands and will also use the Tele2 brand in the market.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Tele2, T-Mobile, Thorsten Langheim, Allison Kirkby, Søren Abildgaard, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA, Netherlands
T-Mobile announces the acquisition of Layer3 TV
Dec 13, 2017 – T-Mobile US (NASDAQ: TMUS) has unveiled the next phase in its mobile video strategy, announcing plans to launch a TV service in 2018. To fuel that, the company also announced that it is to acquire Layer3 TV, and will work with them to create the TV service.
News categories: T-Mobile, Layer3 TV, John Legere, Mike Sievert, Jeff Binder, Digital TV, MnA, OTT, USA
Netflix and Deutsche Telekom strike international partnership
Nov 22, 2017 – Netflix and Deutsche Telekom (DT) have announced a partnership enabling all DT subsidiaries to benefit from the company's relationship with Netflix. So far, Telekom customers in Germany, Poland and the Netherlands have benefited from the cooperation.
News categories: Netflix, Deutsche Telekom, Maria Ferreras, Thomas Kicker, Apps, Croatia, Digital TV, Germany, Greece, IPTV, Mobile, Netherlands, OTT, Poland, Romania, Set Top Box
U.S. DOJ challenges AT&T/DIRECTV acquisition of Time Warner
Nov 20, 2017 – The U.S. Department of Justice has filed a civil antitrust lawsuit to block AT&T/DIRECTV’s proposed acquisition of Time Warner, saying that the deal would substantially lessen competition resulting in higher prices and less innovation.
News categories: Department of Justice, AT&T, Time Warner, Digital TV, IPTV, Regulation, Satellite, USA
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware