Digital TV News: Tata Elxsi
Tata Elxsi unveils HEVC Ultra HD (4K) decoder for CE Devices
Apr 8, 2013 – Tata Elxsi has announced the availability of a licensable HEVC Ultra HD (4K) Decoder targeted for broadcast, video conferencing and proliferating smart CE device such as smartphones, tablets, set-top boxes and gaming consoles.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Media Player, NABShow
Tata Elxsi Licenses Comcast Reference Design Kit
Sep 6, 2012 – Tata Elxsi has announced that it has licensed the Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) RDK (Reference Design Kit). It will work with MSOs to optimize and enhance software and provide software development, integration and testing services for SoC and OEM vendors.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, USA
Tata Elxsi Announces Hybrid CPE Reference Solution Supporting Live TV and IPTV
Jan 10, 2012 – Tata Elxsi has announced the Next Generation Hybrid STB reference solution derived from OCAP stack. This solution supports in-home distribution and content protection along with enhanced UX using Android framework.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, CES, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Tata Elxsi Announces Marlin-enabled Connected TV Solution based on Android
Sep 9, 2011 – Tata Elxsi has announced an Android-based Connected TV Solution based on Marlin DRM technology. The solution is designed for Broadcast, IPTV, and Video-on-Demand deployments. It integrates Marlin DRM technology for content protection and playback.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Marlin, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2019, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Panasonic Takes Connected TV to the Next Level With Launch of VIERA Connect™
Jan 5, 2011 – Panasonic (NYSE:PC; Tokyo:6752) has unveiled at CES, VIERA Connect™, an enhancement of its connected TV offering that includes expanded video streaming, two-way interactive features from gaming to social networking, and fitness programs.
News categories: Panasonic, CES, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, Social TV
Technology Leaders Announce 'Marlin Partner Program' to Make Digital Content Interoperable Across Multiple Devices and Services
Oct 22, 2008 – Over twenty-five leading technology companies have joined forces to create the Marlin Partner Program (MPP). Members of the program can now deliver technology solutions that make digital content interoperable between consumer electronics devices.
News categories: Marlin, Content Protection, DRM, Mobile, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Tablet
Verimatrix Announces Mobile TV Content Security Solution for Pay-TV Operators
Jun 16, 2008 – Verimatrix has announced the full profile of its comprehensive VCAS™ for Mobile TV solution to enable operators to deliver a seamless pay-TV service over mobile phones and other mobile Internet devices (MIDs).
News categories: Verimatrix, Tata Elxsi, Conditional Access, ConnecTechAsia, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile
OMA BCAST 1.0 mobile TV interoperability tests held in Berlin
Jun 11, 2007 – bmcoforum members held a test camp from June 4-8, 2007 in Berlin targeting interoperable end-to-end solutions based on an initial implementation profile for mobile TV based on specifications of the Open Mobile Alliance.
News categories: bmcoforum, Open Mobile Alliance, Digital TV, Mobile
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware