Digital TV News: Ting
Nordija wins IPTV contract from US fibre operator Ting
Dec 10, 2018 – Nordija has announced that it is providing the technology behind the soon-to-be-launched IPTV service Ting TV. The software platform fokusOn was chosen by US fibre operator Ting as the engine behind the solution.
News categories: Nordija, Ting, Thomas Christensen, Michael Goldstein, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Set Top Box, USA
WYPLAY Secures 9 Million Euro Third Round Financing
May 4, 2010 – WYPLAY SAS has announced that it has closed a 9 million euro third round of financing led by Amundi Private Equity Funds. Wyplay has already experienced success with international Tier 1 clients that include SFR-Vodafone and D-Link.
News categories: WYPLAY, Amundi Private Equity, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Private Equity, Set Top Box, Venture Capital
STMicroelectronics Leading-Edge Decoder Technology Powers Proview Set-Top Box in Brazil
Sep 2, 2008 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that Proview (Hong Kong: 0334) is to use ST's STi7101 HDTV MPEG-2/H.264 single chip video decoder in its new XPS-1000 digital terrestrial set-top box (SBTVD) for Brazil.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Proview, Brazil, Digital TV, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
STMicroelectronics Leading-Edge Decoder Technology Powers New Set-Top Box in Brazil
Nov 15, 2007 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that Gradiente's DHD800 high-definition (HD) set-top box - the first to offer full compliance with the new Brazilian SBTVD (Sistema Brasileiro de Televisão Digital) digital terrestrial TV standard - is based on ST's industry-leading STi7100 single-chip HDTV decoder technology.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, SBTVD Forum, Ministério das Comunicações SBTVD site, Brazil, Digital TV, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
China's Tianjin Cable Network Chooses NDS Solution to Secure Its New Digital Cable Service
Oct 29, 2007 – NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced that Tianjin Broadcast & TV Network Co. Ltd has selected NDS VideoGuard® conditional access to protect its new digital cable service.
News categories: NDS Group, Tianjin Broadcast & TV Network, Cable TV, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVR
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Vodafone Portugal enhances the TV user experience
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019