Digital TV News: Ting
Nordija wins IPTV contract from US fibre operator Ting
Dec 10, 2018 – Nordija has announced that it is providing the technology behind the soon-to-be-launched IPTV service Ting TV. The software platform fokusOn was chosen by US fibre operator Ting as the engine behind the solution.
News categories: Nordija, Ting, Thomas Christensen, Michael Goldstein, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Set Top Box, USA
WYPLAY Secures 9 Million Euro Third Round Financing
May 4, 2010 – WYPLAY SAS has announced that it has closed a 9 million euro third round of financing led by Amundi Private Equity Funds. Wyplay has already experienced success with international Tier 1 clients that include SFR-Vodafone and D-Link.
News categories: WYPLAY, Amundi Private Equity, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Private Equity, Set Top Box, Venture Capital
STMicroelectronics Leading-Edge Decoder Technology Powers Proview Set-Top Box in Brazil
Sep 2, 2008 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that Proview (Hong Kong: 0334) is to use ST's STi7101 HDTV MPEG-2/H.264 single chip video decoder in its new XPS-1000 digital terrestrial set-top box (SBTVD) for Brazil.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Proview, Brazil, Digital TV, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
STMicroelectronics Leading-Edge Decoder Technology Powers New Set-Top Box in Brazil
Nov 15, 2007 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that Gradiente's DHD800 high-definition (HD) set-top box - the first to offer full compliance with the new Brazilian SBTVD (Sistema Brasileiro de Televisão Digital) digital terrestrial TV standard - is based on ST's industry-leading STi7100 single-chip HDTV decoder technology.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, SBTVD Forum, Ministério das Comunicações SBTVD site, Brazil, Digital TV, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
China's Tianjin Cable Network Chooses NDS Solution to Secure Its New Digital Cable Service
Oct 29, 2007 – NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced that Tianjin Broadcast & TV Network Co. Ltd has selected NDS VideoGuard® conditional access to protect its new digital cable service.
News categories: NDS Group, Tianjin Broadcast & TV Network, Cable TV, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVR
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA