Digital TV News: Arion
Arion selects Vewd to support HbbTV OpApp deployment across Europe
Sep 12, 2019 – Vewd and Arion have partnered to deliver Vewd Core, and Vewd’s HbbTV and Operator App modules on Arion set-top boxes. The new agreement will result in the deployment of set-top boxes supporting the new HbbTV Operator App standard throughout Europe.
News categories: Vewd, Arion, Aneesh Rajaram, SH Cho, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, IBC2019, Set Top Box
Evolution Digital’s eVUE-TV grows to 23 pay TV operators
Sep 20, 2017 – Evolution Digital has announced the expanded deployment of its eVUE-TV IP video platform with additional US operators. Newly-announced operators include Cablevision of Marion County, BELD, DTC, LHTC Broadband, Tullahoma Utilities Board, Valley Telecom Group and Gold Coast Broadband.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Marc Cohen, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Inview to provide middleware for Cignal in the Philippines
Aug 18, 2016 – Cignal TV has selected Inview to provide the middleware for its SD, HD and Hybrid range of DTH set-top boxes. Inview will be supplying a high quality user interface, EPG and value added services such as advertising on Zapper satellite boxes.
News categories: Inview, Cignal TV, Julie Austin, Jane J. Basas, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Philippines, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
SoftAtHome provides software for Mobistar unbundled cable
Apr 25, 2016 – SoftAtHome has announced the delivery of its latest software release, enabling the launch of Mobistar’s new TV offering over unbundled cable in Belgium. The service makes Mobistar one of the first true Cable Virtual Network Operators in the world.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Mobistar, Michel Degland, Jean-Marc Harion, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Video Exchange
4K STB market to be worth $3.65 billion by 2024
Apr 25, 2016 – The global 4K Set Top Box (STB) market size is expected to reach USD 3.65 billion by 2024, according to Grand View Research. IPTV UHD STBs are anticipated to witness significant growth over the next eight years.
News categories: Grand View Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Mobistar announces partners for interactive TV service in Belgium
Sep 12, 2014 – Mobistar has announced a partnership with Alpha Networks, Zappware and Siligence for the launch of interactive television services on its cable network in Belgium before the end of this year.
News categories: Mobistar, Alpha Networks, Zappware, Siligence, Jean-Marc Harion, Victor Badin, Patrick Vos, Didier Zwierski, Belgium, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, TV Everywhere
DIRECTV Wireless Genie Mini now available nationwide
Apr 10, 2014 – DIRECTV's Wireless Genie Mini, which gives customers the freedom to place their TVs anywhere they want and enjoy a full HD DVR experience on every TV without seeing the clutter of cable wires and boxes in every room, is now available to all DIRECTV customers nationwide.
News categories: DIRECTV, Romulo Pontual, DVR, Gateway, Placeshifting, Satellite, Smart Home, USA
Mobistar selects Viaccess-Orca CA to secure cable TV services
Mar 3, 2014 – Viaccess-Orca and Mobistar have announced that Belgian telecommunications operator Mobistar has selected a content protection solution from Viaccess-Orca to support its cable TV service.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Mobistar, Jean Marc Harion, François Moreau de Saint Martin, Belgium, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV
Russia's STB market to be flat at 2.5 million units in 2012
Dec 5, 2011 – According to a report from J'son & Partners commissioned by the European Audiovisual Observatory, the number of set-top boxes shipped this year in Russia will be 2.5 million, with no growth expected in 2012.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, J'son & Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
- EnTouch Systems joins RCN, Grande, Wave group
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Sandvine releases 2020 Mobile Internet Phenomena report
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- Cello launches Freeview Play Smart TV with Alexa in UK
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature