Digital TV News: BBTV
NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
Sep 16, 2019 – NEOTION has announced the renewal of its cooperation with Irdeto. The partnership will focus on CI+ 1.4 CAM, with NEOTION providing in-depth experience, increased performance and in-house skills combined with investment in modern machines and fully automated processes.
News categories: NEOTION, Irdeto, Nathalie BRESSON, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, HbbTV, IBC2019, Smart TV, Worldwide
Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
Sep 15, 2019 – Netgem is releasing a second generation of its smart soundbars for telcos in partnership with Sharp. The Soundbox is a comprehensive package including Alexa, 4K HDR10, catch-up TV, OTT, DVB-T2, wireless audio control, great sound, and a slick design.
News categories: Netgem, Sharp, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2019, Set Top Box
Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs
Sep 14, 2019 – Skyworth has expanded its partnership with SERAPHIC by adopting SERAPHIC’s Sraf Android HbbTV solution to launch Android TV based smart TVs in Europe. Sraf Android HbbTV meets HbbTV 2 specification requirements across the region.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Skyworth, Xinwen Xue, Zhilong Hou, Android TV, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Smart TV
WIZTIVI and SERAPHIC co-work on HbbTV OpApps
Sep 14, 2019 – At IBC2019, WIZTIVI continues its partnership with SERAPHIC. The cooperation leverages WIZTIVI's expertise in multiscreen UI design and development and SERAPHIC’s experience in OpApp solution deployment.
News categories: SERAPHIC, WIZTIVI, Xinwen Xue, Digital TV, HbbTV, IBC2019, Smart TV, UX
ACCESS CO. and EKT integrate the NetRange Application Store
Sep 13, 2019 – ACCESS CO. and EKT have announced that they are extending their partnership to integrate the NetRange Application Store, a widely deployed Smart TV store with a worldwide catalogue of thousands of apps, to deliver next generation TV and OTT consumer experiences.
News categories: ACCESS CO, EKT, Netrange, Dr. Neale Foster, Richard Smith, Apps, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box
Dotscreen to develop Freesat UI on Arris set-top box
Sep 13, 2019 – DOTSCREEN has announced its selection by Freesat as the developer of the operator's User Interface for its next HbbTV compliant set-top box. DOTSCREEN has already been working for Freenet TV in Germany and Fransat in France.
News categories: DOTSCREEN, Freesat, Arris, Chandan Rajah, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK, UX
Arion selects Vewd to support HbbTV OpApp deployment across Europe
Sep 12, 2019 – Vewd and Arion have partnered to deliver Vewd Core, and Vewd’s HbbTV and Operator App modules on Arion set-top boxes. The new agreement will result in the deployment of set-top boxes supporting the new HbbTV Operator App standard throughout Europe.
News categories: Vewd, Arion, Aneesh Rajaram, SH Cho, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, IBC2019, Set Top Box
HD+ in Germany deploys TVkey Cloud by NAGRA and Samsung
Sep 10, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced that HD PLUS is the first operator to deploy TVkey Cloud on its HD+ satellite platform. TVkey Cloud brings pay-TV services directly to Smart TVs equipped with TVkey hardware root of trust.
News categories: NAGRA, Samsung, HD+, Maurice Van Riek, John Adam, Georges Agnes, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, IBC2019, Satellite, Smart TV
HbbTV publishes Phase 2 Application Discovery over Broadband spec.
Sep 9, 2019 – The HbbTV Association has announced the publication of the HbbTV specification for phase 2 of application discovery over broadband (ADB). ADB enables consumers to access HbbTV services on their TV sets, even when not supported by their set-top box.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Vincent Grivet, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware