Digital TV News: CANAL+
CANAL+ chooses Cisco for new content delivery network
Apr 9, 2019 – Cisco has announced that CANAL+ has chosen to base its new CDN on the Cisco NCS 5516 Series platform, using Cisco IOS XR software. As the highest traffic peak recorded by CANAL+ last year was 500Gb/s, the new CDN has been designed to deliver 1Tb/s+ on day one.
News categories: Cisco Systems, CANAL+, Sumeet Arora, Benoît Chemin, Content Distribution, France
Apple debuts new Apple TV app and Apple TV channels
Mar 25, 2019 – Apple has announced Apple TV+, Apple’s original video subscription service. Additionally, Apple debuted the all-new Apple TV app and Apple TV channels coming in May 2019. The all-new Apple TV app brings together the different ways to discover and watch shows, movies, sports, news and more in one app.
News categories: Apple, Eddy Cue, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, USA, Worldwide
CANAL+ Myanmar deploys NAGRA’s Conax GO Live multiscreen OTT solution
Mar 14, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced the launch of its Conax GO Live multiscreen OTT solution at Canal+ Myanmar. The new service enables subscribers to watch linear pay-TV channels on iOS or Android devices, with support for Apple AirPlay and Google Cast.
News categories: NAGRA, Canal+ International, Stéphane Le Dréau, Maxime Woimant, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Myanmar, OTT
Quadrille And Anevia Partner To Jointly Offer OTT Over Satellite
Mar 11, 2019 – Quadrille and Anevia have strengthened their partnership to offer OTT over satellite. The joint solution will enable content providers and operators to offer live-TV in situations where it was previously unavailable due to limited bandwidth.
News categories: Quadrille, Anevia, Xavier Batta, Ivonne Prugnaud, CABSAT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, Worldwide
FreeWheel Council for Premium Video Europe releases paper on programmatic technology
Feb 12, 2019 – In a new insights paper, Cracking the programmatic conundrum, the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video Europe (FWCE) looks at how broadcasters and pay TV operators are embracing automated technology to enhance their offerings.
News categories: FreeWheel, Emmanuel Josserand, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe
Edgeware to acquire subtitling supplier Cavena Image Products
Jan 11, 2019 – Edgeware has announced that it is to acquire Swedish subtitling expert Cavena Image Products AB. The deal broadens Edgeware’s offering to broadcasters and content owners by adding subtitling automation to its origin solution.
News categories: Edgeware, Cavena, Karl Thedéen, Henrik Moberg, Digital TV, MnA, Mobile, OTT, Sweden, Worldwide
45% of Thai consumers use pirated TV boxes
Nov 14, 2018 – In a recent study, commissioned by the Asia Video Industry Association's Coalition Against Piracy, into the content viewing behaviour of Thai consumers, it was revealed that 45% of consumers use a TV box which can be used to stream pirated television and video content.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, True Visions, Neil Gane, Sompan Charumilinda, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Thailand
Médiamétrie now measuring myCANAL in 4-screen TV audience
Jul 17, 2018 – Médiamétrie now offers 4-screen TV audience measurement customers the option to view the performance of their programmes broadcast on myCANAL, CANAL+ Group’s OTT television distribution platform.
News categories: Médiamétrie, Groupe CANAL+, Julien Rosanvallon, Frank Cadoret, Advertising, Digital TV, France, Market Research, OTT
Nearly one in four Hong Kong consumers use pirated TV boxes
Jun 25, 2018 – In a newly released Casbaa survey of the content viewing behaviour of Hong Kong consumers, it was revealed that close to one in four consumers (24%) use a TV box which can be used to stream pirated television and video content.
News categories: Casbaa, Neil Gane, Louis Boswell, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hong Kong, OTT
- Interra Systems adds support for Dolby Vision to its QC platform
- Global SVoD revenues to grow 25% in 2019 to $36bn
- Rohde & Schwarz wins DVB-T2 transmitter contract in Egypt
- Allegro DVT introduces real-time AV1 encoder IP for 4K/UHD video
- Double digit growth for flat panel displays in 2018
- FreeWheel and A+E Networks pilot unified ad decisioning engine
- GatesAir and Foccus Digital upgrade ISDB-Tb transmitters for TV Record in Brazil
- Global 5G smartphone shipments to reach 5 million units in 2019
- Atlantic Broadband brings new TiVo experience to Low Country area of South Carolina
- Deltatre releases report on sports streaming
- Shemaroo enters the US market with ShemarooMe VOD launch
- Philo unveils connected TV ad platform
- Swisscom switches on Switzerland’s first 5G network
- US SVOD subscriptions to reach 270 million
- Premium video solidifies its position in the European marketplace
- Amazon bulk certifies Espial Elevate operators for Alexa voice control
- ACCESS acquires NetRange
- AT&T sells Hulu minority stake back to Hulu
- Witbe implements Nielsen Watermark Detection
- TekSavvy TV launching in Toronto