Digital TV News: CAST, Inc
NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
Jan 16, 2020 – BIA’s forecast for NextGen TV reveals that local TV Groups stand to increase their revenue growth by 50% within the next ten years from NextGen TV rollouts. The potential growth rate with advanced TV has an 8.0% CAGR revenue growth opportunity compared to a 3.8% CAGR baseline.
News categories: BIA, Rick Ducey, Mark Fratrik, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
iWedia provides STB software and integration services to NTT DOCOMO
Sep 17, 2018 – iWedia has announced that it has been providing STB software products and integration services to NTT DOCOMO for the launch of its brand 'Hikari TV for docomo' service. 'Hikari TV for docomo' gives access to a wide choice of linear HD and UHD TV channels.
News categories: iWedia, NTT DOCOMO, Sunghoon Kim, Android TV, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, IPTV, Japan, Middleware, Set Top Box
Comcast considering superior all-cash offer to acquire 21st Century Fox
May 23, 2018 – Comcast has confirmed that it is in the advanced stages of preparing an offer for the businesses that Fox has agreed to sell to Disney. Any offer for Fox would be all-cash and at a premium to the value of the current offer from Disney.
News categories: Comcast, 21st Century Fox, Disney, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, MnA, Satellite, USA
CAST introduces Ultra HD-capable video compression cores
Jul 21, 2016 – CAST has introduced the newest generation in its series of IP cores for video and image compression. The AVC/H.264 Encoder Cores are optimized for low-bitrate and low-latency video streaming.
News categories: CAST, Inc, Nikos Zervas, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Realtime H.265 HEVC video decoder IP coming from CAST
Jun 2, 2014 – CAST has demonstrated a high-performance, low-power, hardware H.265 video decoder core that handles next-generation video steams in real time without need for software computations running on a CPU.
News categories: CAST, Inc, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Alticast and Videotron Collaborate to Provide the Next Generation in Interactive TV
Mar 27, 2012 – Alticast has announced that it helped Vidéotron (Toronto:QBR.A;QBR.B) to develop its interactive TV solution: illico TV new generation. Alticast has been the primary supplier and developer of applications, and is the primary integrator for the project.
News categories: Alticast, Videotron, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Viaccess secures BoomTV DTT in Macedonia
Nov 12, 2009 – Viaccess (Paris and NYSE: FTE) has announced that Boom TV, the leading premium pay-TV operator in Macedonia, has selected Viaccess conditional access platform to secure its programming broadcast on its digital terrestrial television nationwide.
News categories: Viaccess, BoomTV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Macedonia, Terrestrial
ITV signs catch-up deal for BT Vision
Nov 17, 2008 – ITV (LSE:ITV) has signed a new agreement with BT (LSE:BT.A)(NYSE:BT) to supply a range of current and library programming to customers of BT's digital TV service, BT Vision - ITV's first deal of this type with a set top box VOD operator.
News categories: BT Vision, ITV, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
Alticast and Samsung Launch HD-DVR OCAP set-top box with Time Warner Cable
Dec 18, 2007 – Alticast and Samsung Electronics have announced that Samsung's next generation HD-DVR OCAP set-top box, equipped with the Alticast OCAP middleware, will be launched in January of 2008.
News categories: Alticast, Samsung Electronics, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- Telefónica invites start-ups to develop digital home apps for Movistar+
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS