Digital TV News: Cincinnati Bell
U.S. cable and telco broadband subscribers up 1,165,000 in 1Q 2020
May 13, 2020 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest cable and telephone providers in the U.S. acquired about 1,165,000 net additional broadband subscribers in 1Q 2020, compared to a gain of about 955,000 in 1Q 2019.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Broadband, COVID-19, Market Research, USA
Cincinnati Bell to be acquired by Macquarie
Mar 13, 2020 – Cincinnati Bell (NYSE:CBB), together with Macquarie Infrastructure Partners (MIP), has announced an agreement through which a MIP-controlled subsidiary will acquire all outstanding shares of Cincinnati Bell.
News categories: Cincinnati Bell, Macquarie Infrastructure Partners, Ares Management, Lynn A. Wentworth, Leigh Fox, Karl Kuchel, Scott Graves, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA, USA
Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
Jan 15, 2020 – Cincinnati Bell has announced a partnership with YouTube TV that will allow Cincinnati Bell and Hawaiian Telcom customers to stream content via Cincinnati Bell's fiber network. YouTube TV offers live TV that can be watched on any screen.
News categories: Cincinnati Bell, YouTube TV, Tom Simpson, Digital TV, Fibre, OTT, USA
30 pay TV providers testing 4K with SES in the US
Jul 24, 2017 – With an additional nine TV operators joining SES’s Ultra HD trials, a total of 30 US Pay TV providers, with a combined audience of more than 10 million subscribers, are now testing SES’s 4K content delivery platform across their distribution networks.
News categories: SES S.A, Steve Corda, Jonathan Bullock, Michael Agostinelli, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
Amino adapts STB software to run on legacy boxes
May 18, 2017 – Amino has announced that its Amino ENABLE virtual set-top box software is empowering TV operators to migrate to an all IP/Cloud future. It will have its public debut at Broadcast Asia and ANGA this month.
News categories: Amino, Cincinnati Bell, Mark Evensen, Donald McGarva, Tom Simpson, ANGA COM, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Cincinnati Bell takes multiscreen OTT security from Verimatrix
Apr 24, 2017 – Verimatrix has announced that Cincinnati Bell has broadened its deployment of the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) multi-network solution to support over-the-top (OTT) video delivery of its streaming app, Watch Fioptics.
News categories: Verimatrix, Cincinnati Bell, Steve Oetegenn, Cory Beimesche, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, OTT, USA
U.S. subscriber declines spreading from voice to TV, broadband
Dec 6, 2016 – Ovum has released 3Q16 subscriber growth figures for fixed voice, fixed broadband, and pay TV for the US. Ovum notes that a triple cord-cutting threat – the loss of subscribers in all three core fixed services – continues to loom.
News categories: Ovum, Kristin Paulin, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers, USA
Higher satisfaction with alternative video services motivates cord cutting
Sep 29, 2016 – Overall satisfaction with alternative video services such as streaming and transactional-based OTT offerings is considerably higher than it is with traditional pay television service, spurring an increase in cord-cutting, according to J.D. Power.
News categories: J.D. Power, Kirk Parsons, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, USA
Amino software powers Cincinnati Bell Fioptics TV
Feb 15, 2016 – Amino Communications and Cincinnati Bell have started the migration of Cincinnati Bell’s legacy IPTV devices to Amino’s Enable TV software platform. The upgrade will give Cincinnati Bell Fioptics entertainment customers a rich media interface and advanced applications.
News categories: Amino Communications, Cincinnati Bell, Donald McGarva, Tom Simpson, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0