Digital TV News: GlobeCast
GlobeCast launches new African DTH distribution platform on Astra 4A
Mar 3, 2009 – GlobeCast has announced that its African DTH platform has successfully started transmissions on SES ASTRA's Astra 4A (Sirius 4) satellite. African broadcaster VoxAfrica is one of the first channels to sign up for the new platform.
News categories: GlobeCast, VoxAfrica, Africa, Angola, Botswana, Burundi, Cameroon, Congo-Brazzaville, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Satellite, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
GlobeCast selects Viaccess OMA BCAST SCP solution for its DVB-H trial platform
Feb 13, 2009 – Viaccess (Paris & NYSE: FTE) has been selected by GlobeCast to provide its OMA BCAST Smartcard profile-based Mobile Broadcast service protection solution for use in a trial platform to faciliate the commercial launch of this technology in Europe.
News categories: Viaccess, CAM, DRM, Europe, Mobile
SES Reports Continued Strong Results
Oct 27, 2008 – SES S.A. (Paris, Luxembourg: SESG) reports on financial performance for the nine months ended 30th September 2008. Total utilised capacity increased from 820 at 30th June 2008 to 821 transponders at 30th September 2008.
News categories: Content Distribution, Results, Satellite
Orange TV will cover more than 98% of French households from July 3rd as part of its triple play offer
May 19, 2008 – As part of the deployment by France Telecom (Euronext Paris: FTE) of the Orange triple play offer (telephone, Internet, TV), 24 million French households (98.3% of the mainland population) will be able to enjoy Orange TV from July 3rd.
News categories: France Telecom, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Satellite
Orange selects Eutelsat's HOT BIRD™ and ATLANTIC BIRD™ 3
Apr 10, 2008 – Orange has confirmed its selection of two Eutelsat premium video neighbourhoods, HOT BIRD™ and ATLANTIC BIRD™ 3, to broadcast by satellite the TV component of its triple play offer in cases where it is not accessible via ADSL.
News categories: Eutelsat, Orange, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box
Orange announces the launch of Orange cinéma séries, the first premium television service available on all platforms
Apr 7, 2008 – Orange has announced the launch of Orange cinéma séries, the only service of its kind in the world to offer premium television on TV, PC and mobile.
News categories: Orange, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Mauritius, Mobile, OTT, Poland, Satellite, Senegal, Slovakia, Spain
SES: Third Quarter Delivers Strong Recurring Revenue And EBITDA Growth
Oct 29, 2007 – SES, the pre-eminent satellite operator worldwide (Euronext Paris and Luxembourg Stock Exchanges: SESG), reports on financial performance for the three months ended 30 September 2007.
News categories: SES, Earnings Release, Digital TV, Results, Satellite
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV