Digital TV News: Gopal Miglani
NAGRA, BitRouter and Harmonic to demo ATSC 3.0 solution at NAB 2019
Apr 8, 2019 – At the NAB Show, NAGRA, BitRouter and Harmonic will demonstrate a solution that provides broadcasters and device manufacturers with the most flexible way to prepare for the launch of ATSC 3.0 and related video services.
News categories: NAGRA, BitRouter, Harmonic, Tom Wirth, Gopal Miglani, Jean Macher, ATSC, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
BitRouter shows an ATSC 3.0 gateway demo on a TiVo BOLT OTA Player at NAB 2019
Apr 8, 2019 – BitRouter has announced that it has enhanced the capabilities of its ATSC3pro receiver to include gateway functionality. This will allow ATSC3pro customers to both use the device as a set-top box and stream live content to remote devices.
News categories: BitRouter, TiVo Corp, Gopal Miglani, Ted Malone, ATSC, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, NABShow, USA
BitRouter provides ATSC 3.0 software for Airwavz.tv USB stick
Jan 9, 2019 – BitRouter and Airwavz.tv have announced the availability of BitRouter’s ATSC3pro ATSC 3.0 receiver software for Airwavz’s ATSC 3.0 RedZone Receiver USB stick. BitRouter will be showcasing at CES 2019.
News categories: BitRouter, Airwavz, Gopal Miglani, Bonnie Beeman, ATSC, CES, Digital TV, HTML5, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
BitRouter and Coherent Logix to show enhanced ATSC 3.0 receiver at CES2019
Jan 7, 2019 – BitRouter and Coherent Logix have enhanced the capabilities of their ATSC 3.0 receiver system. The base receiver consists of the PHY Layer running on a Coherent Logix processor and BitRouter’s middleware that targets ATSC 3.0 and ATSC 1.0 receivers.
News categories: BitRouter, Coherent Logix, Gopal Miglani, Michael Doerr, ATSC, CES, Digital TV, HTML5, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
ATSC 3.0 compliant receiver system to debut at NAB Show
Apr 6, 2018 – BitRouter and Coherent Logix have collaborated to create one of the first ATSC 3.0 receiver systems to support the entire protocol stack as defined by the new digital television compliancy standards.
News categories: Coherent Logix, BitRouter, Michael Doerr, Gopal Miglani, ATSC, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
ZapperBox cable HDMI stick based on MaxLinear RF ICs on show at IBC
Sep 11, 2015 – ZapperBox and MaxLinear have announced that they will showcase cable set-top box (STB) HDMI sticks for the North American and European cable markets at IBC 2015. The DTAsticks use the MxL603 cable tuner and Kore-3 EN7120 SoC from MaxLinear.
News categories: MaxLinear, ZapperBox, Patrick Tierney, Gopal Miglani, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2019, North America, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Pay TV subscriptions exceed 1 billion
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box