Digital TV News: Gopal Miglani
NAGRA, BitRouter and Harmonic to demo ATSC 3.0 solution at NAB 2019
Apr 8, 2019 – At the NAB Show, NAGRA, BitRouter and Harmonic will demonstrate a solution that provides broadcasters and device manufacturers with the most flexible way to prepare for the launch of ATSC 3.0 and related video services.
News categories: NAGRA, BitRouter, Harmonic, Tom Wirth, Gopal Miglani, Jean Macher, ATSC, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
BitRouter shows an ATSC 3.0 gateway demo on a TiVo BOLT OTA Player at NAB 2019
Apr 8, 2019 – BitRouter has announced that it has enhanced the capabilities of its ATSC3pro receiver to include gateway functionality. This will allow ATSC3pro customers to both use the device as a set-top box and stream live content to remote devices.
News categories: BitRouter, TiVo Corp, Gopal Miglani, Ted Malone, ATSC, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, NABShow, USA
BitRouter provides ATSC 3.0 software for Airwavz.tv USB stick
Jan 9, 2019 – BitRouter and Airwavz.tv have announced the availability of BitRouter’s ATSC3pro ATSC 3.0 receiver software for Airwavz’s ATSC 3.0 RedZone Receiver USB stick. BitRouter will be showcasing at CES 2019.
News categories: BitRouter, Airwavz, Gopal Miglani, Bonnie Beeman, ATSC, CES, Digital TV, HTML5, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
BitRouter and Coherent Logix to show enhanced ATSC 3.0 receiver at CES2019
Jan 7, 2019 – BitRouter and Coherent Logix have enhanced the capabilities of their ATSC 3.0 receiver system. The base receiver consists of the PHY Layer running on a Coherent Logix processor and BitRouter’s middleware that targets ATSC 3.0 and ATSC 1.0 receivers.
News categories: BitRouter, Coherent Logix, Gopal Miglani, Michael Doerr, ATSC, CES, Digital TV, HTML5, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
ATSC 3.0 compliant receiver system to debut at NAB Show
Apr 6, 2018 – BitRouter and Coherent Logix have collaborated to create one of the first ATSC 3.0 receiver systems to support the entire protocol stack as defined by the new digital television compliancy standards.
News categories: Coherent Logix, BitRouter, Michael Doerr, Gopal Miglani, ATSC, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
ZapperBox cable HDMI stick based on MaxLinear RF ICs on show at IBC
Sep 11, 2015 – ZapperBox and MaxLinear have announced that they will showcase cable set-top box (STB) HDMI sticks for the North American and European cable markets at IBC 2015. The DTAsticks use the MxL603 cable tuner and Kore-3 EN7120 SoC from MaxLinear.
News categories: MaxLinear, ZapperBox, Patrick Tierney, Gopal Miglani, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2019, North America, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Vodafone Portugal enhances the TV user experience
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019