Digital TV News: PeerTV
PeerTV lands $500k HEVC set top box order
Jan 8, 2015 – PeerTV has announced that following the successful delivery of the first batch of its eTV set top box order to Polsky.TV, the company has now added an additional order totalling $490,000.
News categories: PeerTV, Polsky.TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
PeerTV receives 20,000 unit STB order from Kartina
Sep 17, 2014 – PeerTV (AIM:PTV) has announcd that it has received an order from Kartina subject to conditions, to purchase 20,000 set top boxes for a total consideration of approximately $1,200,000.
News categories: PeerTV, Kartina, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Set Top Box
PeerTV trials H.265/HEVC OTT set top box
Aug 11, 2014 – PeerTV has announced that it has successfully trialled its set top box using H.265/HEVC to deliver TV over the internet. At the same time, PeerTV announced several other upgrades to its Android-based technology.
News categories: PeerTV, Avi Vermus, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
PeerTV-based Kartina STB launches in Germany
Jan 31, 2014 – PeerTV (AIM:PTV) has announced the launch of the Kartina IQ set top box in Germany. The box is based on PeerTV's eTV system. Kartina is targeting the Russian expatriate market.
News categories: PeerTV, Kartina, Avi Vermus, Alexander Cofman, Digital TV, Germany, OTT, Set Top Box
Opera Devices SDK to bring Web to PeerStation STBs
Mar 24, 2010 – Opera Software has announced its cooperation with PeerTV. Opera will deliver its Opera Devices SDK 10.15 for Linux-based devices to the company's line of PeerStation set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Opera Software, PeerTV, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
SecureMedia Protects PeerTV's Over-the-Top Internet TV Solution
Sep 11, 2009 – SecureMedia and PeerTV have announced today SecureMedia's Encryptonite ONE™ System CA/DRM (conditional access/digital rights management) software solution is now integrated with the latest PeerTV Internet Set-Top Box.
News categories: SecureMedia, PeerTV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IBCShowcase, OTT, Set Top Box
PeerTV To Exhibit MX 3.0 At IPTV World Forum 2009
Feb 9, 2009 – PeerTV, developer of hardware and software solutions for the Internet-based TV market, will be showcasing its MediaXplorer application running on PeerStation advanced internet TV STB at IPTV World Forum 2009.
News categories: PeerTV, OTT, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
Harmonic to Debut Internet and Mobile TV Solution Integrated with Leading Set-Top Boxes and Mobile Devices
Sep 8, 2008 – Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ:HLIT) will demonstrate an innovative and versatile new solution for delivery of video content over the Internet ('over-the-top') to a variety of devices, including TV sets, PCs, personal media players and mobile devices.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, Content Distribution, IBCShowcase, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Tatung and Qpixel Offer New H.264 Reference Platforms for Transcoding and Place-shifting on STBs, and Content Re-formatting for Viewing on Portable Media Devices
Jun 2, 2008 – Qpixel Technology and Tatung have announced their joint efforts to bring value-add capabilities to standard STB (set top box) designs using Qpixel's high quality and low power H.264 compression technology.
News categories: Qpixel, Tatung, PeerTV, Digital TV, DVR, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service
- MCTV selects MOBITV for advanced TV services
- Wiztivi's UI product now RDK compatible
- HbbTV 2.0.3 specification published
- Humax introduces RDK-based voice assistant set-top box
- RDK4 software stack for video service providers released
- Jump and Float Left offer data-driven solution for OTT personalization
- TV5MONDEplus launches globally with Red Bee and Dotscreen
- Netflix loses subscribers in Sweden
- Comscore announces advancements in cross-screen media measurement
- Spain's video entertainment market to grow to €4.5 Billion by 2024
- izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
- Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020