Digital TV News: Sigma Designs
Sigma Designs introduces first UHD self-install set-top box
Sep 8, 2016 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced a reference design for a UHD self-install set top box. The design is a wall-outlet mounted concept, about the size of a remote control, the smallest ever seen in the market, low-profile and non-intrusive.
News categories: Sigma Designs, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
Sigma Designs introduces UHD TV SoC with integrated 100/120Hz frame rate converter
Sep 1, 2016 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced a single-chip Smart UHD TV SoC solution that improves picture quality and audio performance while lowering board cost and meeting TV market demand for low profile form factor.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Alfred Chan, Digital TV, IBC2019, ICs, IFA2019, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sigma Designs and Telechips to co-develop UHD IP-STB SoCs
Sep 1, 2016 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) and Telechips (KOSDAQ: 054450) have announced that they are to jointly develop and market advanced SoC solutions for the new generation of ultra-high-definition IP streaming set-top boxes.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Telechips, Thinh Tran, JK Lee, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
SERAPHIC browser powers TCL 4K UHD TVs for Latin America
May 24, 2016 – TCL has announced that it has teamed up with SERAPHIC, who has provided its Blink-based Sraf HTML5 browser for TCL's 4K UHDTV platform. The initial target market is Latin America.
News categories: SERAPHIC, TCL, Jeff Huang, Digital TV, HTML5, Latin America, Smart TV
SERAPHIC HTML5 browser selected by Skyworth for HbbTV 2.0 markets
May 20, 2016 – Skyworth Digital has announced a collaboration with SERAPHIC to deploy its Sraf HTML5 Browser to meet Pay TV Operator requirements to provide interactive HD services such as HbbTV 1.5, HbbTV 2.0, YouTube 2016 and OTT TV.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Skyworth Digital, Darrell Haber, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, HTML5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Dune HD and Sigma Designs create 4K Hybrid Media Player and IoT Hub
Apr 7, 2016 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that Dune HD has selected Sigma Designs' SMP8758 and Z-Wave technology for its new hybrid media player, SOLO 4K.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Dune HD, Nadav Katsir, Konstantin Dyshlevoy, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Skyworth deploys SERAPHIC TV Browser in smart TVs for Europe
Mar 29, 2016 – Skyworth has declared its adoption of SERAPHIC's Blink-based Sraf TV Browser in its connected TVs. SERAPHIC has a greater than 80 percent share of the world's Blink/Linux-based TV Browser market.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Skyworth, Wang Ye, Digital TV, Europe, Middleware, Smart TV
Technicolor HDR receives support from SoC manufacturers
Jan 5, 2016 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH, OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that a number of TV and Set Top Box (STB) System-on-Chip (SoC) manufacturers are integrating Technicolor’s High Dynamic Range (HDR) Delivery Solution into their offerings, including: Marvell, MSTAR, Sigma and STMicroelectronics.
News categories: Technicolor, Marvell, MStar Semi, Sigma Designs, STMicroelectronics, Mark Turner, Philip Poulidis, Stanley Chen, Alfred Chan, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sigma Designs shipping first UHD TV chip with Dolby Vision
Jan 5, 2016 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has begun delivering volume quantities of its STV7701 Ultra HD High Dynamic Range (HDR). The single-chip is the only product shipping that supports multiple HDR standards including Dolby Vision, BD UHD HDR, and HDR 10.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Dolby, Giles Baker, CES, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos