Digital TV News: Singtel
LTE subscriber base to reach 1.4 billion at end-2015
Jun 12, 2015 – ABI Research estimates that there will be nearly 1.37 billion 4G LTE subscribers worldwide by year-end 2015, up from nearly 650 million in 2014. ABI Research forecasts that the LTE subscriber base will exceed 3.5 billion by 2020.
News categories: ABI Research, 5G, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
OTT marketplace remains rife with opportunity for innovative entrants
Jun 8, 2015 – 2015 is proving to be a blockbuster year for over-the-top (OTT) video services, with more than 65 players either offering video services today or announcing plans to do so in the coming months, according to a study conducted by Parks Associates.
News categories: Vindicia, Ooyala, Parks Associates, Bryta Schulz, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Hooq to launch in India next month
May 26, 2015 – According to BGR, Hooq will launch in India next month. Hooq is a regional over-the-top (OTT) video service for Asia jointly owned by Singtel, Sony Pictures Television and Warner Bros. Entertainment.
News categories: Hooq, Digital TV, India, OTT
Telekom Slovenije selects Viaccess-Orca player for OTT delivery
Apr 21, 2015 – Viaccess-Orca has announced that Telekom Slovenije has selected Viaccess-Orca's Connected Sentinel Player to support its new OTT multiscreen platform TViN. Through the Connected Sentinel Player, operators and content providers can securely deliver OTT services to a wide range of connected devices.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Telekom Slovenije, Chem Assagyag, Simon Furlan, DRM, IPTV, Media Player, Slovenia, TV Everywhere
Quickplay powers HOOQ OTT TV service
Apr 8, 2015 – Quickplay has announced that its managed video platform is powering the HOOQ OTT TV service. HOOQ, now launched in the Philippines, delivers Hollywood blockbusters and TV series, as well as local movies and programmes, to customers anytime.
News categories: Quickplay, HOOQ, Wayne Purboo, Peter G. Bithos, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Indonesia, OTT, Philippines, Thailand
Optus and Nokia trial video distribution by local base stations
Mar 1, 2015 – Optus will conduct a closed trial of a real-time, interactive, multimedia video experience at its Sydney headquarters that delivers content to subscribers through onsite base stations via Liquid Applications, a solution developed by partner Nokia Networks.
News categories: Nokia, SingTel, Optus, Ray Owen, Tay Soo Meng, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC20
Globe to offer HOOQ OTT in the Philippines
Feb 6, 2015 – Philippines' telecommunications service provider, Globe Telecom (PSE: GLO), has announced that it will offer video-on-demand to its customers in partnership with HOOQ, the recently announced multiscreen OTT service from Singtel, Sony Pictures and Warner Bros.
News categories: Globe Telecom, HOOQ, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Philippines
Singtel, Sony Pictures and Warner Bros. establish OTT JV for Asia
Jan 30, 2015 – Singtel, Sony Pictures Television and Warner Bros. Entertainment have established HOOQ, a joint venture start-up, to offer a regional over-the-top (OTT) video service in Asia. HOOQ will deliver both Hollywood blockbusters and TV series, as well as local movies and programmes.
News categories: Singtel, Sony Pictures Television, Warner Bros, HOOQ, Jonathan Auerbach, George Chien, Thomas Gewecke, Peter G. Bithos, Asia, Digital TV, OTT
Modest revenue growth for satellite operators in 2013
Aug 13, 2014 – According to Euroconsult, the Fixed Satellite Service industry generated $12.2 billion in revenues in 2013, corresponding to 2% growth over revenues in 2012. 60% of revenue-generating FSS operators experienced a revenue growth slowdown in 2013.
News categories: Euroconsult, Nathan de Ruiter, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019